• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Busted ARRRRR

A volvo dealer, I didn't get mine rebuilt (but we put it back together and stuck it in so the car can be moved)
Came from volvo of tempe (their amazon presence). It was in a volvo box, fairly poorly packed IMO, and the box was a bit torn up upon arrival, but the axle itself did not appear worse for the wear (it looked like the axle tore the box up). It's not listed as a reman on the box or on the axle itself, so I dunno.

on the toyota, suspect corrosion of the link bars on the traction battery, but we'll see. I gotta have something to drive and the 940's transmission doesn't have a lot of trips left in it at this point.

new axle got here teusday, got it installed last night (30 minutes start to finish. 25 if I'd turned the wheel towards the passenger side to start instead of the driver's side). went for a test drive, did various tight radius low speed turns (circles, not donuts, in a parking lot), no abnormal grinding or groaning that might indicate bad wheel bearings. Articulated the axle before installing so that it hopefully distributed the grease. No issues. re-checked all the lug nuts and the axle bolt after the drive, everything stayed snug.

Drove it to work this morning, so far no issues. Fingers crossed. FWIW, this axle moved a *lot* easier than the other 'new' axle, so here's hoping. It didn't hurt that the box wasn't beat to **** this time either.

The prius on the other hand, battery controller and voltage harness blew up and burned out.

Does that mean you aren't setting it on fire, then?

the prius or the R? I'll answer both: that's 100% moment to moment. Well sort of.

going to try and track down a used battery pack for the prius hopefully for relatively cheap (hell as long as the harness and ecu look good that's all I really care about), get it squared away and probably sell it.. looking to replace it with something a little more suitable for periods of non-use, as I think that's what ultimately lead to the issues with the prius. Perhaps something LS based in it's native habitat, we'll see.

Not sure on the outlook for the R.. currently a bit jaded towards it, tho tbh not really a direct fault of it's own. if it settles back down to it's normal self I'll probably relax the replacement talk for a little bit.

Back