• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Anybody running a K24?

vwbusman66

Stößelstange über alles
Curious, as I haven't been able to find much of them on red blocks. I know some guys take them off P2r's and run them on turbo white blocks. The specs are surprisingly similar to a 19t.

Sh*tty compressor map:
NnzECYAl.jpg

I ran one a loooong time ago on a b21ft. With a T cam still in it, it made 190whp and 250 ft/lbs at 14 psi on 93. Spooled awesome and had a bunch more in it if I had done a cam upgrade.

There is a lot of variation in the K24. The Volvo whiteblock uses the 2474 and 2480, which should flow 537 and 595 cfm respectively. A VW 1,6TD K24 will not :).

The K24 turbine is bigger than the TD04. 59/50 for the K24. The TD04 exducer is a choking 45.something milimeters....

Not surprisingly similar to a 19T I would say.

How was the powerband/where did it reach max boost? What kind of power was it making (peak)? AW71? Cam?

I haven't driven the car at more than 7-8psi, the owner recently turned the boost up to 12-13psi and said it pulls harder than his 16t did at 15/16psi. The car is an m46 car with I think an rsi cam, I put it in when I did the k24 swap but I do not remember what it was.

I will try to get them to comment here.

Back