• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Junkyard score

schaff70

Stopped by Crazy Ray's in Jessup on the way home this morning. I was able to pick up a pair of 960 tails (see for sale thread).
I also got some good stuff for the 740:
960 headliner - no more thumbtacks!
960 glass moonroof
960 black door handles
960 power window switches
3 Volvo center caps

I was able tog et the headliner out by bending it slightly. It has a carboard backing unlike the hardboard I thought it would have. The sunroof wasn't too bad to pull out, even though I was by myself. Hopefully I'll be able to get it in the car this weekend.

They still have a set of rims like on my 740 from a 760 GLE that could use a good refinish. They also had a maroon 90+ hatch from a 245 & another set of 960 tails with clear centers.

DSC_0058.jpg

Removing the headliner is not that hard, but getting it out of the car can be tricky. I did a lot of searching before I decided to attempt it. I was initially going to repair the existing headliner, but when I found a glass sunroof in a car with a good headliner, I decided to just replace it. I'll take lots of pics & do a write-up when I install it.
-Todd

rumor has it: in sedans, the headliner was installed BEFORE the rear glass (at the factory)... but don't quote me!

I think so to.. or the front glass..

It is easy to remove the back glass.. just need a bunch of stiff paint scrapers and patience. and the only thing you need to put it back in is a long string..

I know it sounds silly but thats what it takes.. lol

how much of a PITA is it to remove the headliner and install a new one?

Like Schaff said, removing it isn't hard at all, but removing it out of the car is a pain... take out front seats, and with a friend get it out by a rear door. It's hard to not scratch it.

Same problem with the new one, hard to put in the car, put it's easy to re-mount it on the roof.

Again, sorry for my bad english... :oops:

Back