• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

122s wheel sizes (what fits?)

Andrewnance found the correct knurl diameter when he did his wilwood front brakes. I'm doing the same so I copied his specs. The ones that I have found with that knurl are at summit racing and they only have stock length. I really haven't tried too hard to find extended ones because I would use adapter spacers. They are out there, check with arp or another arp supplier

Wouldn't it be nice to have a FAQ section and/or a Vintage area? Ah well.
I've been told 1.5 coils cut equals 2" Seems that is pretty much in the ballpark from other threads I've seen. We tried 1.5 coils (rear coils) but failed to get our before measurement.
We did have it aligned and I had the guy flip the lower BJ. Seemed to almost put it level.
Stock front springs still.

Attachments

• align.jpg
    align.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 258
Wouldn't it be nice to have a FAQ section and/or a Vintage area? Ah well.
I've been told 1.5 coils cut equals 2" Seems that is pretty much in the ballpark from other threads I've seen. We tried 1.5 coils (rear coils) but failed to get our before measurement.
We did have it aligned and I had the guy flip the lower BJ. Seemed to almost put it level.
Stock front springs still.

Do you have any rubbing? Did you have to trim any bump stops? Just trying to determine the threshold for modifications when lowering these cars.

Do you have any rubbing? Did you have to trim any bump stops? Just trying to determine the threshold for modifications when lowering these cars.

Nothing on my drive home from work. (where it was aligned) bit less than 20 miles.
My kid hasn't mentioned anything.

Nothing on my drive home from work. (where it was aligned) bit less than 20 miles.
My kid hasn't mentioned anything.

So you have it lowered about 2" ? Any noticleble changes in handling with that and the new wheel/tire combo?

I also forgot to take a before measurement but I can tell you that cutting 2 full coils from the original spring end will put the car at 14" from fender lip to wheel center. See my car on page 1 of this thread for pics of this ride height.

Think I have a solution to the need for longer studs... Picked up some used "minilite" lug nuts that have a long shoulder that's threaded on the inside. The OD of that shoulder is just barely smaller then the ID of the bolt holes in my wheels. As long as the thread patterns are a match it should work perfectly!

Just like those. They look like the picture In the upper left. I just hope the thread patterns match up. Someone said the 120, 140, and 240 series all had the same thread patterns on the wheel studs. Tbd.

Alright, update!!!

So the Dodge turbine wheels I'm running have a much thicker mounting surface then the stock 122 steel wheels. This caused the lug nuts to only thread about 2-4 rotations. I believe 8 is recommended. So this is what it looked like:

image_1_2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I was going to get some longer studs to fix the problem but quickly learned they would be hard to source and a bit pricey. Luckily I found some minilite lug nuts in the for sale section and decided to give them a shot since they had a longer shoulder.

Old vs. New:
image_2_2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The OD of the minilite lug nuts was almost exactly the ID of the dodge wheel holes. They centered the wheel perfectly and I have about 15 threads engaged now. Looks alot better and makes me feel a lot better. Not to mention these we're way cheaper and easier then longer studs would have been.
After:
image_8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Now I just need to find some nice centers for these wheels to cover the bearing caps/etc.

Alright, update!!!

So the Dodge turbine wheels I'm running have a much thicker mounting surface then the stock 122 steel wheels. This caused the lug nuts to only thread about 2-4 rotations. I believe 8 is recommended. So this is what it looked like:

image_1_2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I was going to get some longer studs to fix the problem but quickly learned they would be hard to source and a bit pricey. Luckily I found some minilite lug nuts in the for sale section and decided to give them a shot since they had a longer shoulder.

Old vs. New:
image_2_2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The OD of the minilite lug nuts was almost exactly the ID of the dodge wheel holes. They centered the wheel perfectly and I have about 15 threads engaged now. Looks alot better and makes me feel a lot better. Not to mention these we're way cheaper and easier then longer studs would have been.
After:
image_8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Now I just need to find some nice centers for these wheels to cover the bearing caps/etc.

Minimum engagement should be about 1 diameter--or about 1/2"

As for a cover: clean everything up and paint the hub and nuts black...
It'll look great with white wheels.

Minimum engagement should be about 1 diameter--or about 1/2"

As for a cover: clean everything up and paint the hub and nuts black...
It'll look great with white wheels.

Great! I've probably got about 3/4" now, so that works well.

As for the cover suggestion, I like it... but the car is white. So I was thinking about going black with the wheels and maybe chrome centers. But hey with plasti dip it can hurt to try your suggestion to see how it looks. Stuff is awesome for concept work. Easy to test different color schemes.

How long of a stud would you need? There are some 4" ARP studs that have the correct knurl.

4" !!!! With those I could get some of those crazy looking spikes the tractor-trailers run on the front wheels haha. I guess I could always cut them down, but i'm sure they're pretty pricey.

I'd prob need 2" - 2.5" to be safe. These lugs just ended up being a way better option for me.

Back