• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

K-Jet to LH2.4 swap in 240

Vladimire2

Hey guys, I'm swapping 240 with 2.3NA LH2.4. I've got little problem. On connectors for coil, I've got 12v, until I connect them to coil. After that, there are 0v... I don't know what is wrong, 2 coils checked, and 3 Ignition Modules...

Are you measuring across the 2 coil spade connectors, or measuring each one to ground? If you're measuring across the connectors, then that should be 0 volts when the engine is not running and coil is plugged in. (If it's 12volts, your coil is charging continuously and will fry.)

Do you have a tach connected to the coil (2nd red/white wire)? If so, it may draw a tiny bit of power which would look like +12v across the connectors when coil is unplugged.

Where are you getting +12v for the coil and ign module? If it's original K-Jet, it may be a brown wire from the ballast resistor and won't supply full voltage unless modified.

You could also try a test lamp across the 2 coil connectors (coil unplugged) and see if it lights up.

Okay, so if it should be 0v when coil is connected, I think my CPS is dead... is there a way to be 100% it's good? (except put into running car or oscilloscope?)

I,m getting it from plug with blue and red/white cable. I don't have tacho in my car, so it's not connected.

What's your car and what engine did you swap in?

CPS is simply a coil of wire, an iron slug, and a magnet. There are 3 wires, one is a shield that shouldn't be connected to anything. The other 2 are the coil and should be ~100 to 200 ohms (just guessing, check the greenbooks or Bentley for a real spec).

Back