• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Want to buy new V70 T5

murrman

I am looking at a brand new 2001 model year V70 T5. I have read that the turbo lags during city driving. Also that there are lots of squeeks and rattles due to "cheap plastic" dash components.

Are there any other problems that I need to address?

I really like the look of the car. I have owned a 740 Turbo wagon and 850 Turbo wagon and was happy with overall performance.

Please comment.

Thank you

... yeah theres a draft that comes out of the door handles that drove me nuts.
I dunno about lag in city driving... thats a HPT car so maybe its not as quick to spool as the "baby" cars but it will give you a kick in the pants if you hold it down for a second or two.

-Dana

Ok, I'm probably the only S60/v70 owner in here.

If your worried about lag, consider a LPT or the 2.4t, amazing torque and little noticable lag. I drove a V70 lpt and it hauled ass, I was really impressed.

Ok, I'll be honest, I have two rattles that showed up inside my car. I had the first one fixed, under warrenty and the second I haven't had time to fix but it's the panel around the shifter. I don't have any drafts though, and I haven't had any of the other problems mentioned by fellow owners of the very early 2k1 s60's (like the door handles cutting the trim?). I bought one of the last 2k1's and I have not regretted it.

I did drive a T5 and yes the lag was more noticable, but that car flat out hauled butt. I mean, honestly, the lag was very reasonable and I do not believe it hurt the car at all. Check out www.clubvolvo.com we have quite a few S60 owners and a handful of V70 owners over there.

Before you make up your mind, give a LPT a shot, it may just be the cure your looking for.

Enjoy it!

Doug

Back