• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1980 242 GT. A reasonable project.

Going to the trunk is for ricers. Claim its a weight loss while running 20 pounds of cable the entire span of the car. Light battery down low is where its at!:cool:

Why did you choose to mount the battery there and not for example in the trunk? Beautiful built btw.

I didn't want to have a battery taking up space back there, or deal with figuring out a battery box I like, or run cable all the way back there, or pay for the materials necessary, cable weight, etc. A whole bunch of reasons.

Here's that E36 remote battery terminal (or whatever you want to call it) that I mentioned.

photo+2.JPG
photo+3.JPG

I didn't want to have a battery taking up space back there, or deal with figuring out a battery box I like, or run cable all the way back there, or pay for the materials necessary, cable weight, etc. A whole bunch of reasons.

Here's that E36 remote battery terminal (or whatever you want to call it) that I mentioned.

photo+2.JPG
photo+3.JPG

Way cool. Might have to look into one of those. My battery is on the trans tunnel. Not impossible to get to but not the easiest.

Going to the trunk is for ricers. Claim its a weight loss while running 20 pounds of cable the entire span of the car. Light battery down low is where its at!:cool:

This, or just replace your current 45-50lb battery with a 13lb AGM in the original location like I did.
You can run lightweight cable, maybe 8lbs to get to the rear, but then you need to run a shutoff, deal with the cable, and still may not have the electrical performance you want if you don't have everything just right.

Way cool. Might have to look into one of those. My battery is on the trans tunnel. Not impossible to get to but not the easiest.

Do it. They are pretty easy to find, as e36's are rather common in junkyards. It's super easy to pull, just sitting right there waiting for you with as easy of access as one could hope for.

I'm tired and it's late so I'm not going to write much. Who's going to iPd?

I've been working on this a lot, and had help this weekend (thanks for swapping over the rear end, Justus and Art! That saved me a bunch of time)

IMG_4564.jpg

IMG_4566.jpg

IMG_4567.jpg

(oil lines aren't going to just hang there... have to wrap and mount them still)
IMG_4572.jpg

IMG_4575.jpg

IMG_4583.jpg

IMG_4596.jpg

IMG_4604.jpg

Would you get this thing on the road already? :-P Or, grind it out, do it right, enjoy the fruits of a job well done.

Back