• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rear cam plug still leaking

xDread92x

I tried to get a response doing this job the second time but no one responded so now i?ve got to go in a third time to get it right. I did not put silicone on the bottom half of the cam plug and I don't remember having to do this before. But now after a few days oil has now made its way past the bottom half consistently. I guess at this point silicone on the bottom half like I do the top is the solution.

Otherwise the only thing I can think of is the plug is pressed in too far but there there is a good distance from the facing for it to be fully on the back of the camshaft.

Have you tested your PCV system? A blocked system will keep pushing that plug right out.

Try to clean the contact surface of the bearing blocks where the plug goes really well. Should not need any sealant there.

Last edited:
PCV was cleaned out afew months ago. Its not spotty its running out pretty decently. I can check over pcv system again but the plug before was completely done. So this one should make the difference. Unless the mating surface is messed up but it didn’t appear to be

Back