• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1980 242 GT. A reasonable project.

Still waiting on my pressure plate to ship, but some other things are going on.

Flywheel machined with 60-2 for lh2.4 and resurfaced.
-zdpnMq7v7vLhdDuzquZdfIYpDPncxRwQAxLwfW06Jg=w1083-h812-no

Hood and fender should be painted in the next week or two.
photo+2.JPG

...and the engine sits waiting for parts to show up from Tasca.
photo+3.JPG

Nice work man!! your very detailed and clean! What does that flocked dash feel like?? If you rubbed it real hard do pieces wanna break away? does it feel like it'll hold up well over a period of time?

was the hood as straight as i claimed it was? cleanest ive ever seen in person, doesnt look like theres to much for prep needed. Or so I hope! whos Goat?

Nice work man!! your very detailed and clean! What does that flocked dash feel like?? If you rubbed it real hard do pieces wanna break away? does it feel like it'll hold up well over a period of time?

Thanks! The flocked dash feels... well, it's hard to describe. Not as smooth as suede--more prickly than that. I haven't tried damaging it because, uh... I really have no desire to screw it up. That said I have lightly rubbed the surface to see if any fibers would come up, and haven't seen any yet. It seems fairly durable, but it's also a dash top which I dont really touch at all (also part of the reason why I only did the top half of the dash).

The fibers are UV resistant nylon which are rated for outdoor use.

was the hood as straight as i claimed it was? cleanest ive ever seen in person, doesnt look like theres to much for prep needed. Or so I hope! whos Goat?

Yeah, I didn't see any dents or dings in it. There was a ton of paint on it, but the metal itself seems pretty good! We'll see how it turns out.

The fibers are a bit longer. It's not quite so abrasive as the glovebox innards.

Be sure to moisturize, so you don't place a layer of dead skin dust on that beautiful flocking. No doubt you'll just open everything up and drive twice the speed limit to dust.

Be sure to moisturize, so you don't place a layer of dead skin dust on that beautiful flocking. No doubt you'll just open everything up and drive twice the speed limit to dust.

There's a strictly enforced "NO TOUCHING" policy. At any rate, it's dusty from sitting in the garage, so I'll need to vacuum it (gently).

Great work mate I like the attention to detail and I love your Holden Monaro:cool:

Thanks! (not my Holden/Vauxhall/Pontiac)

At long last, the Saab 9000 aero 240mm pressure plate arrived.

For posterity, I got it from Eeuroparts. Saab OE p/n 8736761
http://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/35523/Clutch-Pressure-Plate-8736761/#axzz2xYnbwj00

photo+1+%25281%2529.JPG

photo+2+%25281%2529.JPG

Last edited:
Flywheel has been dropped off to get re-drilled for the ^ pressure plate.

Hood is primed/sanded and ready to be painted, fender is almost there.

Flywheel has been dropped off to get re-drilled for the ^ pressure plate.

Hood is primed/sanded and ready to be painted, fender is almost there.

Excellent! Thanks!

I just ordered a Sachs full-faced M5 sprung hub clutch. This should work. I think.

The engine is also a couple minor steps closer to going in. I'll be out of town next weekend, so perhaps the following weekend it can go in.

Just read through this whole thread, really cool. I just started doing the same thing haha, 80 GT + B230ft, not as nice as this though! and im going to do short strut coilovers after i get it driving too! good job

What kind of paint did you use for the valve cover? And do you have a link to the M8 pan head barrel nuts you used? Great work, very inspiring!

I love the old cover on the "newer head" I was never able to get it to seal right with out rvt, what did you use? I kinda want to make another, its a shame later heads has non breather covers.

Back