• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Andy's '88 745 turbo project

ok they still sell it at pepboys for $7bucks a can

well out here

what was your prep work on the bumpers? any flex promoter 1st after clean and scuffing?

ok they still sell it at pepboys for $7bucks a can

well out here

what was your prep work on the bumpers? any flex promoter 1st after clean and scuffing?

I've got enough now to last me a while. :lol:

Washed the bumpers with some dawn dish soap, wet sanded with 2000 grit, then hosed them down and painted them. The bumpers weren't flawless before, and some imperfections are still visible, but from 3ft away they look excellent.

It was time to breathe some new life into the wheels. Sent them to a good friend in NC to have them redrilled to 5x108 and converted to use RS center caps. Hopefully the newfound clearance will allow the ride height to be dropped a little more and allow the use of a slightly wider tire eventually, plus it should look pretty awesome! I would like to have them back by the end of March but his schedule is pretty tight in the winter months. I'll add a photo of them when they're almost done.

34427832935_340645ef59_c.jpg

Last edited:
Got the wheels back together and mounted on the car. Never want to do that again.

Having reduced the effective offset from et0 back to et20 opened up a lot of room out back that will allow the use of a larger tire in the future. Will have to wait and see about up front as the tire clears the spring perch by around 3mm.

Picked up some adjustable sway links last year, so I threw those on. Also had a 19mm rear bar from my parts car that got put on to replace the 25mm bar. Car feels a bit more planted around corners.

34469195306_0caec8fcd1_b.jpg

Wrapped up April by crushing my first Volvo, the blue '88 m46 car.

35454086156_abdd6d8cd1_b.jpg

But not before pulling this "red block" from it. Not much red remains now after cleaning it up. Decent cross-hatching and the bearings were all good, but overall it was a worn out engine with around 280k. Hopefully it will make a good donor block.

35362984151_c34d29d71d_b.jpg

35107338180_67e295bd5e_b.jpg

35107329160_b4160f36a5_b.jpg

Last night I installed new hubs with extended studs and Ben's slide on spacers in preparation for R brakes, and added ABS back to the car as the sensors were not present when I purchased the car.

Last edited:
Back