• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Request for tinted windows?

DrHutch

So I'm not sure if this is the right section but I was hoping I can get some opinions on this. I daily drive my 244 and in the summer it gets ridiculously hot and humid! So I was looking into some tints to help a little bit, my problem is I do like the clear glass look on classic vehicles. So what tint percentage do any of you have? Not looking for 5% again but a decent amount.

Thanks for the help!

I always thought it would be cool to do that Benz ice tint. No idea if it’s proprietary or available outside their factory tho

I’m running 20% all around on the S70. Its ok never been questioned about it can be sorta dark at night.

Thanks guys. My vehicles are still registered in Florida since I'll always be a legal resident of there, so I can do Florida standards but I think it might be too dark for those northern winter sky. Have any of you every dealt with ceramic tint?

It gets crazy hot where I?m at and I put on a really good tint that blocks almost 100 percent of the uv rays and heat. The difference was amazing although it wasn?t cheap.

It gets crazy hot where I?m at and I put on a really good tint that blocks almost 100 percent of the uv rays and heat. The difference was amazing although it wasn?t cheap.

Yes, that's what I'm looking for. Doesn't necessarily have to be dark just work better. I didn't know if the extra money spent on the ceramic would be worth it.

I had 50% semi-reflective on my 745 in NoVA and it helped, and didnt look majorly tinted.
b1cXWzc.jpg

20% all around and never had problems either. Its also not too dark:
CHkPaUE.jpg

Yes, that's what I'm looking for. Doesn't necessarily have to be dark just work better. I didn't know if the extra money spent on the ceramic would be worth it.

They had it in clear also for the windshield. There was literally no heat transfer through the windows. The ac works better and the interior doesn?t get as nearly as hot as it use to. Well worth the big price tag if you live in the heat

It is worth the extra to get a good quality and ceramic film, done by a reputable shop.

I only paid $250 last year to get my 91 245 done here. Did have to shop around a bit to get that.

They had it in clear also for the windshield. There was literally no heat transfer through the windows. The ac works better and the interior doesn?t get as nearly as hot as it use to. Well worth the big price tag if you live in the heat

I?ll look into the clear. I?m more worried about heat transfer then privacy.

Thanks guys

Legal limit for a sedan here in OR is 35%. I used to think limo tint or nothing, but I drove a work car that had it and couldn't see anything out the back at night. Maybe I'm older and wiser, but i think 35% 3M carbon tint is perfect. I do need to talk to the tint shop about the possibility of doing clear all the way around on my 142, because I think it will look bad with tint.

The darker the better. Lots of benefits:
-Less glare from the sun
-No need to wear sunglasses
-keeps car cooler for you/kid (no kid crying from super beater metal on belt)
-Looks good
-privacy
-Protects interior from fading
-keeps car cooler in summer
-less stress on AC system on summer start up
Get the AS1 windshield wyebrow tint too. It helps tremendously when driving toward the sun during sunset/rise.

This is the list I spit out whenever someone tells me my tint looks ghetto.

Attachments

• DEC90555-276B-448A-9880-CEF44E96E107.jpg
    DEC90555-276B-448A-9880-CEF44E96E107.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 102
  • ABACC278-9F2C-4258-B9A4-14915E96DA48.jpg
    ABACC278-9F2C-4258-B9A4-14915E96DA48.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 105
Legal limit for a sedan here in OR is 35%. I used to think limo tint or nothing, but I drove a work car that had it and couldn't see anything out the back at night. Maybe I'm older and wiser, but i think 35% 3M carbon tint is perfect. I do need to talk to the tint shop about the possibility of doing clear all the way around on my 142, because I think it will look bad with tint.

5 percent on everything for me even on the house. Too many crackheads looking in car windows for stuff to steal where I?m at.

This is joke. We have similar laws in NY and police never enforce them. On any given day you can find many cars with tint so dark you can't see inside, including the front windshield. Recently I spotted a car with blacked out windows all around, illegally parked, you could barely see the driver. There was a police offer maybe 6 feet from the car. I asked him if it was illegal to tint the front windshield and pointed to the car. He replied yes and just kept looking down at his phone. Go figure.

This is joke. We have similar laws in NY and police never enforce them. On any given day you can find many cars with tint so dark you can't see inside, including the front windshield. Recently I spotted a car with blacked out windows all around, illegally parked, you could barely see the driver. There was a police offer maybe 6 feet from the car. I asked him if it was illegal to tint the front windshield and pointed to the car. He replied yes and just kept looking down at his phone. Go figure.

Oh they enforce it, they just pick and choose who they enforce it on. Here if i drive around in the city I?m good forever, but the moment I come into the ritzy suburbs I?ll get lit up. I?ve been pulled over 3 times for illegal tint/loud exhuast/scented tree hanging from my rear view in the past 2 years, all on the same street. The last car I tinted I told them to do it 100% by the NY laws, I don?t have the time for that bs anymore. Cutting my hair helped too, cops don?t like hippies.

Back