• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

GT braces (various lengths?)

oldschoolvolvo

Did GT braces come in various lengths? Or did the firewall connection point on 240s change over the years? See below pictures. The longer brace is an existing brace that fits my 240, the other one appears to also be a GT brace, but is about 1.5" too short to connect to the firewall. 1.5" seems too long for a spacer between the brace and firewall. Any insight?

HEu137

ZzYOD6

someone made homemade ones and attached them to the wrong holes in firewall.

looks like copper tubing was used (?) or is it rusted?

Yoshifab makes some very nice FW to S braces & very strong they are.

They actually don't appear to be homemade up close, and it's not copper tubing, just a bit rusty. The crimped and formed ends look like they were made on a machine.

Discovered I still have these sitting in a box in the basement. Anyone have any idea what they might be from? They are definitely not homemade, but as pictured, do not match the typical 240 GT braces. They were sold to me as GT braces, but IMO they are for some other car.

The crusty one looks like it was bent in an accident. Or was a casualty from someone using a ratchet strap to keep their engine from rocking around due to bad mounts.

Yeah, that brace looks bent as hell. I've come across some like that in a junkyard car. Spoiler alert, the car was wrecked in the front.

Back