• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

242GT 1979 Group C Race Car

Got new fan shroud and the 850 fan fitted ready to put in car

58gZa3Kl.jpg

Hud0Xmil.jpg

Looking at photos I will reverse bolts on outside so its neater from top

Last edited:
I have had a question on window channel in my post.

It appears it may have changed part number.

Contact Better Auto rubber and confirm if old part number BR1012 but pretty sure this is new part number but please do research to confirm.

http://https://betterautorubber.com.au/product/hq-hj-hx-hz-wagon-tailgate-bailey-channel-tgbc1007/

Update - Saw a 242 today that used Holden Commodore VB-VL BAiley channel and a way better fit than the stuff I used

Reference to one example Rare spares Holden Bailey Channel VB VC VH VK VL Commodore Front Door Part# RBC1065

And Betta Auto Rubber Categories: VB-VC-VH-VK-VL, VB-VC-VH-VK-VL Door Parts, VB-VC-VH-VK-VL Rubber Seals SKU: BC1008F

Last edited:
Returned to track for first race meeting after 8 months and car went well but driver very rusty.

850 fan in 740 turbo shroud works a treat. Head temp nearly 10 degress c cooler and water temp stays well under 100 after the race heading back to pit no matter what delays may occur.

zOY55rll.png

xOfR3Rsl.jpg

gbYZQDxl.jpg

IIHQVFjl.png

Last edited:
We raced at Sydney Masterblast last weekend and car went well and we managed to race hard with a number of cars and managed to lower PB lap time as well.

Was also first ever night race which turned out to be a lot of fun

Picture courtesy of Rob Turrisi

IMG

Hi Peter, love the build thread. Was up to after 2am last night reading through it all.

I?ve been toying with some ideas regarding my own build as I want a build for some very specific events and I think I might have just found the inspiration I need. Won?t be the original like yours, but thankfully the rules allow for reproductions.

Will certainly return back to this thread many times over the next little bit.

End of season tidy up.

We had some paint tidied up after 4 years of track work as well as a few flaws from original job.

Grill also was original and after 40 years was showing too many signs or wear and tear. We had an as new grill in stock so it got the call up but needed painting as it was black and not silver.

Roof painted, Parts of front guards, Bottom of rear guards and rear of car where it had an incorrect trim piece. Whilst we we at it had painter paint the 44 on the roof instead of sticker.

Called in a favor and a mate buffed rest of it today and applied a ceramic coating to help us keep it looking tidy and make it pop. We are in middle of severe drought and temp was 45 degree C today so we got in early before mercury went too nuts

Here is the end result.

We have to pull gearbox and replace some leaking seals and fit new front and rear brake pads and it will be ready for next year.

LUCI9HQl.jpg

DlpMGwgl.jpg

b1gtfIIl.jpg

6X9kcvfl.jpg

4TCu6wTl.jpg

Back