• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kyle's orphan 220 amazon wagon

Thanks guys! I want to make it a little quieter but keep the same tone, it's pretty loud in there. Currently I'm running a Jegs brand chambered muffler and a small resonator from some aftermarket Honda Civic exhaust I had laying around. I think a higher quality muffler and a larger resonator will take care of it.

I was short shifting in this video, probably 5-6k max. I just last week purchased a tach for this thing :lol: The rev limiter is set at 7k though.

Ok, now I really need to consider bike throttles for my B6304, if the 5-cyl sounds that good.

hzaJ4Hn.png

Nice car, great build and howi love that sound! Who needs a car stereo with a sound like that :)
I was just wondering why is the hood up a little on the back, clearance issue, ventilation of just the looks :-P

I'm in love with the sound of this car. The itbs really have been great. The stay synced and I haven't touched them since I left for my trip.

Nice car, great build and howi love that sound! Who needs a car stereo with a sound like that :)
I was just wondering why is the hood up a little on the back, clearance issue, ventilation of just the looks :-P

Nah my hinges are just that bent :lol: I can't adjust it any lower.

Meh. I mean I'd have to care first. I actually had a good set but they got went with a 122 sedan I sold a while back.

The car is far from finished but I'm happy with it. The trip was some bucket list level stuff, but I'd like to give it another go in the future and do the west coast.

At long last I've found a tach I'm happy with and I'm putting it in. I'm running a contemporary Smith's 52mm unit, with just a universal pod. The pod is a little too shallow, but it's the best I could find for what I wanted. I'm just going to make a spacer ring to fill it out, you won't be able to notice. I've still got to wire it in but it got mounted last night, after wiring we're going to call gauges officially done in this thing.

yL97NPw.jpg

GNWMphX.jpg

rsA0T2D.jpg

Links to what I used:
http://www.minispares.com/product/Classic/SIB140.aspx
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RE9937G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The pod is literally stuck to the dash pad with that 3M contact tape, no screws here. The back of the pod mount slides under the windshield trim for a little more support, it's not going anywhere.

As far as signal is concerned I'm running a signal converter to make this thing work with the 5 cylinder. The tach has dip switches to adjust for different engines but a 5 pot isn't an option.

theres a soft spot for Smiths gauges. Growing up with Morgans as a kid and having two at my parents house its always fun looking at the smiths gauges doing their job when I drive them. Great added touch to the dash

Thanks!

I really dig the tach. I wanted something that would be period, and aside from the white LED lighting this fits the bill perfectly. At least with LED lights I'll actually be able to see the damn thing. That racetech oil gauge is essentially invisible at night.

Great project!

How do you like the T5 trans behind the 20v? Does it create the “decel rattle” that occurs on the 4cyl cars?

Also what hydro TOB are you using?

I like it. It's quieter than my 242 T5 is I'll tell you that, I don't have any (trans) rattles to speak of. This is a rebuilt trans fwiw, all gears aside from 5th and reverse are new, along with bearings, sychros, etc. I do have a shake I need to get out of it, but I think that is clutch imbalance. One of the biggest factors driving the trans choice though was ease of installation and size, this is not a big car. I'm happy with the stock WC T5 gearing too believe it or not, with the 4:10 rear axle gear it cruises like a champ. My 242 lugs around in 5th gear with a 3:73 rear. I net a solid 25mpg too, which I think is good for a 4:10.

I'm running the Tilton hydraulic TOB. I like it also, but I did have a strange sticking issue described above that I had to replace the bearing to fix. I'm not sure if it was a part fault or not, but I haven't had any more issues.

Back