• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fuel/Spark tuning for LH 2.4/EZK with TunerPro!

Tuning problem

Hi, i have start tuning my car. And running on some issues.. have 550cc injectors, with 19t and 012 AMM.
Tuned the injection constant 4 to 1650. (Have tried 2100). Changed the linear AMM table, anf the two constant. Changed lambda short and long term fuel trim. And the car starts, and running. But when i drive i cant get it smoth when i tweak the constant 1. I can get a nice AFR. But just on that spot. On idle, it just run lean. And if i tweak it run smooth on idle it just messes up when i drive.
What am i doing wrong?

I think the 1650 is too low. I'm running #80 injectors and have the constant up around 1850. With my #65 I had it up around 2100, and I left constant 1 alone.

I think the 1650 is too low. I'm running #80 injectors and have the constant up around 1850. With my #65 I had it up around 2100, and I left constant 1 alone.

Hmm, i tried with IC4 @ 2100. But i didnt get it to run smoth on idle if i didnt changed the IC1. How much have you reduced the Main fuel table. I reduced it alot! But it didnt seem to have a directly impact for me on boost. Runs rich as hell.

I set IC4 to get a decent idle then modified the fuel table around that. I also set the parameters so LH ignores lambda at around 2-3psi so I can dial in the fuel table around it.

I set IC4 to get a decent idle then modified the fuel table around that. I also set the parameters so LH ignores lambda at around 2-3psi so I can dial in the fuel table around it.

Hmm, ok. I will try that out. Du you have short term fuel trim on or off? Is it the lambda scalar constant you change for the preassure?

Hi

There are also a checksum plugin that IpDown made for the Tunerpro.
It is available on the site under the downloads/tools category.
It is called LHCSum.dll

To activate it you need to put it in the main tunerpro folder.
Also the actual XDF has to have it added under the checksum plugin option

When all is OK a simple save on the save icon will update the checksum then just upload again to LH to correct the used binary

YS
JB
Jetronic.info seems to be down at the moment for me and my old tuning laptop died before I got all my current info off of it. I guess I'll email Gary or you to get it? Or maybe someone can attach it to a post here?

Thanks!

Ok, lets see if that worked...

Should have the checksum file attached here.
THANKS GARY!!!

We should really make a new thread with the (now) basic info all in one post. AMM info, a zip attachment with all current XDFs in the attachments, maybe another with non-turbo bins and another with turbo bins, or fuel and ignition bins, etc.. Maybe one day.

What XDF are you using, and BIN?

Best regard: Jim
Who? There are many options. I'm using a 951 fuel computer and a 146 ezk computer right now.

Last edited:
I have a problem, i changed the IC4 to 2100. And AMM 012 table and constants. Changed the main fuel table. But what i am doing i getting rich as hell on full load. Under 9 in AFR. What i am doing, i never get a nice AFR on full load. Running 954BIN and 954XDF. Have 550cc injectors and 012AMM with 19T. What do i do wrong?

Best regards// Jim Karlsson

It sounds like you have a different problem. Did the car run properly previously? Boost leak?

It sounds like you have a different problem. Did the car run properly previously? Boost leak?

Yes the car runs perfect before. And even now on idle and low load runs. Checked leak in intake and exahust. I have electronic boost controller, and it works just fine. And have shut it off and no problem. But as i said, it runs rich..i gonna take a closer look on the fuel preassure and regulator today.

Now im getting somewhere with this. But now another, i think issue comes up. I think i hear knocks when i push it. I have about 1.3bar boost preasure. And i have tried put the scalar for tourqe down. But still i think i hear knocks. I thaught that it shouldnt been a problem, when i drive on 98octane and rich as 10AFR. No one else have this?

What's the deal with tracing? From what I read it's supposed to highlight the areas of the maps being read but it doesn't seem to work for me. Is there special settings to apply or should it be as simple as clickig the Enable/Disable data tracing button? What about the ADX files? Can't find any info about those here.

Thanks!

Edit: nevermind, I found some settings to apply here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLRnRNapRN4
and realised I needed to predd the "A" button on the table I needed to trace.

Let the tuning begin!

Last edited:
Hi, quick question, has anyone tried a 951 chip in a 984 casing for lh2.4? I'd like to avoid copying the map to a 967 bin with the risk of missing something, whilst getting the e-fan to work (951 casing doesn't have the driver IC) and rescaling for 350cc injectors.

Hi, I previously posted this in chipping faq, but found the answer by burning some chips today, so I thought to add my findings here for those interested. I used the latest 951 dxf and bin available and scaled Injector constant #4 to 2378 as gotten from (214cc/350cc) * 3889 (old constant #4) did the trick to get the right scaling without touching constant #1. I also used the checksum function in tunerpro to get that bit to work correctly.

With the same chip I found the following behavior:
-984 casing: on contact power low-speed fan on immediately, erratic high speed fan turn on and off (wrong temperature scaling?), engine and contact off key out, still low speed on (didn't turn off after a while, I checked, even with engine not running). I suspect other pins are routed to the driver and toggled, so the 951 bin doesn't seem to be able to control the e-fan correctly. Car was perfectly drive able so an option for people without e-fan

-951 casing: no fan, as expected, since no driver is present on the board inside, normal operation as expected, with scaling corrected for injectors.

My next attempt will be creating a -967 bin file with the 951 b230f mapping, and working e-fan control (hopefully)

Back