• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

goes up and down

Polar971

Good afternoon, I have a Volvo 240 1991 Polar, with a SWAP from a B230ET. The car has a couple of modifications as the nose of an old model, has the lower fuel pump canceled, and a higher power inside the fuel tank. I also carry the rear axle welded so that I carry a configuration of drift type I imagine. A turbo boost and a pressure regulator with increased turbo and blowing to 0.8. The car is going very well.

The thing is that I had trouble blowing the pump fuse, then the injector relay and now, the car starts, goes up and down turns and stays up and down turns all the time ...

I changed the IAC and nothing, the same ... Someone can advise me something ... thanks

It's time to do a fuel pressure check. It could be that there is an issue with the fuel pump. With the fuse to the fuel pump blowing. I'm thinking the wiring was not upgraded when a high power in tank pump was installed. You may need to upgrade the wiring to the pump and add an extra relay to handle the power the new pump needs.

THANKS!!

Hello, I'll check all that, but I'll tell you. It has a parallel installation to the pump, if I plug it in I hear the pump, it works fine I think. But it follows that constant rise and fall of RPM. But on the normal installation, the pump doesn't sound... the relay opens and closes, but with the contact only not.

I will dismantle the throttle body in case there is any leak and check the installation.

The gasoline pressure regulator, I mark the rise and fall, it seems to go from 2.5 bar to almost 5 / 6 bar ... that's a lot, right?

Edit:

The TPS sensor when i unplugged, the car accelerate, i think it s normal... maybe its ok..

Last edited:
Another thought was to check the alternator. If the output of the alternator had a problem. The voltage could rise and fall if it's not functioning correctly.

Another thought was to check the alternator. If the output of the alternator had a problem. The voltage could rise and fall if it's not functioning correctly.

Hi, checked, looks like works ok, charge almonst 14v etcc...

its like the ECU send it a emergengy cut inyection or some think...

EDIT:

It,s posible the fuel pump relay? i think its ECU.

Last edited:
Ecu testesd, with another... nothing.

The car was well for a seconds, and again aceleration and cut fuel mode... (go up and down)...

nobody ???nobody knows o can hel me?

I have Motronic sistem, the MAF, when i desconected, the car dies... it is not normal...

Hi, finally, the IAC (cis) is not working. Not voltage on middle pin... somebody knows where goes this wires? thanks

Back