• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Springs/Shocks for lowering a 240? HELP!

92White240

So, my situation is, I have a volvo buddy who is hooking me up with an IPD panhard bar, IPD rear lowering springs, and Bilstein HD front struts. But, I still need front springs and rear shocks in order to lower and finish up my suspension. I would like shocks that are good for lowered but not slammed cars, and have a decent ride as it's my daily. Any suggestions? As for springs, I can't seem to find anywhere that'll sell just front springs, am I stuck searching for used ones? Please bear with me if I ask dumb stuff as I'm new to old volvos, and any input you think valuable is much appreciated!

They don't sell any IPD brand shocks, they have Bilstein HDs which are blue and yellow, and I believe Sachs and OEM ones which are both black

image.php

Get adjustable torque rods while you're at it.
There's a a kaplhenke setup forsale on here right now.

I just finished lowering my car. ipd springs, Bilstein HDs, poly bushings all around, kaplhenke torque rods panhard bars and quick steer roll correctors. Was going for performance not really looks. It's about as low as it was on blown shocks and struts :lol:

My car is teeth chattery stiff now, it sucks around town here in the city, but once I get in the canyons it's pretty much all gas pedal.
If you've done nothing to your motor, putting sport suspension on the car just highlights how slow it is :lol: sure felt faster when the body was rolling everywhere.
I've seen lowering springs on eBay in front/back split pairs. Try your luck there.

Alright, I?m thinking of getting the bilstein touring shocks instead of HD for the rear? Would I have problems with that?

Get adjustable torque rods while you're at it.
There's a a kaplhenke setup forsale on here right now.

I just finished lowering my car. ipd springs, Bilstein HDs, poly bushings all around, kaplhenke torque rods panhard bars and quick steer roll correctors. Was going for performance not really looks. It's about as low as it was on blown shocks and struts :lol:

My car is teeth chattery stiff now, it sucks around town here in the city, but once I get in the canyons it's pretty much all gas pedal.
If you've done nothing to your motor, putting sport suspension on the car just highlights how slow it is :lol: sure felt faster when the body was rolling everywhere.
I've seen lowering springs on eBay in front/back split pairs. Try your luck there.

Also, do you have a link to those kaplhenke torque rods for sale here? Can?t find em

Keep in mind the hd's will soften up after breaking in.

Whatever you do don't run the s10 shocks on the ipd springs it sucks so hard.. the rebound is brutal, on a 5door at least.

Keep in mind the hd's will soften up after breaking in.

Whatever you do don't run the s10 shocks on the ipd springs it sucks so hard.. the rebound is brutal, on a 5door at least.

Incorrect. Some cheap springs settle, sag, etc. but the rate is not decreased.

Also, there are lots of variations on ?S10 shocks?, spring heights, etc. if you were using a shock that works best lowered 4? on a spring that is 1? lower, it will of course be a trash ride.

Right... the shocks will break in, by HD I meant Bilstein hd's.

For the springs, the blue ipd lowering springs suck with the Bilstein hd s10 fitment unless your carrying a cord of firewood back there.

Back