• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Early 850 flywheel

thatcher.hubbard

I did a couple of searches and couldn't find anything conclusive, hopefully somebody here knows for sure.

I want to put a T5 behind my B6304, which means I need to replace the flexplate with a whiteblock flywheel. An early 850 flywheel is available, but it seems the design was different. How different (and in what ways) is what I'm wondering about. The car is using the OEM Motronic 4.4, so the crank position sensor needs to be compatible (or made compatible some way) and I'm also wondering if the dimensions and bolt pattern are the same. I was also planning on using the starter from my S90 donor car, and my desire was to use and 850R pressure plate (240mm) and then get an 850R clutch plate with the T5 center from southbend/spec/whoever.

There are two types of pattern on these flywheels but you can switch by crossing over the wires on the sensor

What you will need to know is if it had the 228mm or 240mm clutch, you need the 240mm type flywheel for the 850R clutch.

I do have new lightweight flywheel for just this job

Back