• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rare Volvo parts that you have!

Those don't appear to be Volvo though...most had a blue tint in the mirror, didn't come in a wrinkle finish, have 2 allen mounting screws not just 1. I've also never seen those being held by a 'regular' screw style head.

Yeah I?m not too sure, hopefully 2turbotoys will chime in. He seemed to know a lot of about these and has a couple sets as well.

Mine have a Philips head screw holding the mirror to the arm, easy enough to change out. The finish should be smooth, not textured. Also as was pointed out, the tint on my mirrors are blue for some reason. At first glance I thought the above mirrors were Volvo, like Philski says what is on the box? They are still super cool and rare even if they are a period aftermarket accessory.

My black mirrors have the same single screw mounting point, that is correct. The NOS chrome mirrors I have use the 2 allen bolts though.

My whole car is rare apparently. Not the model itself but, the condition of it. Made in Sweden for the Canadian market 1981 244 GL D6 with 80,000 miles. Next to zero rust...

I guess the diesel models were assembled in Sweden. I thought most North American cars were assembled in Halifax at that time.

Last edited:
My whole car is rare apparently. Not the model itself but, the condition of it. Made in Sweden for the Canadian market 1981 244 GL D6 with 80,000 miles. Next to zero rust...

I guess the diesel models were assembled in Sweden. I thought most North American cars were assembled in Halifax at that time.

While we did get US spec Halifax built cars. They were much less common than the Ghent or Sweden assembled cars. There was no way that factory in Halifax could supply enough cars for the US market demand at that time. 81-82 are peak sales years for North American market. I had an 84 244 turbo assembled in Halifax. It was a factory intercooled car with commando bumpers. It gave it's life so that my other turbos would have parts.

While we did get US spec Halifax built cars. They were much less common than the Ghent or Sweden assembled cars. There was no way that factory in Halifax could supply enough cars for the US market demand at that time. 81-82 are peak sales years for North American market. I had an 84 244 turbo assembled in Halifax. It was a factory intercooled car with commando bumpers. It gave it's life so that my other turbos would have parts.

That’s right... Canada had some import regulations in those times. To get around them some OEMs built factories for the Canadian market. The big three had lots of plants in Canada.

Not many Cdn manufactured 240s were made for the US in 1981-82... Mainly the police package cars in 1982. In 1983-85, there were more built, as the 700 series production ramped up. Some 1985 model 240s sold in the states were Canadian cars. Not just US spec Canadian-built cars, but actual Canadian cars. In 1985, the Canadian cars were US spec, mechanically. Only the bumpers, interior trim, etc, were different. As an example, you could get a cloth interior 245DL up north, but, in the US, they were all vinyl interior until 1989, when Volvo finally began offering a cloth option down here for the DL wagons. The GL wagons with velour were extremely rare here. I've only seen two that were US spec cars. Both 1982 models with the B21F engine.

Non 4-cylinder 1977-85 240s in Canada were Swedish built cars. Again, US specification mechanicals, but, European trim level equipment, at least on the Diesel for 1982-early 1984 production. A late 1984 Canadian Diesel will be identical to the US version, except for speedometer, wagons getting cloth, and the bumpers.

Not many Cdn manufactured 240s were made for the US in 1981-82... Mainly the police package cars in 1982. In 1983-85, there were more built, as the 700 series production ramped up. Some 1985 model 240s sold in the states were Canadian cars. Not just US spec Canadian-built cars, but actual Canadian cars. In 1985, the Canadian cars were US spec, mechanically. Only the bumpers, interior trim, etc, were different. As an example, you could get a cloth interior 245DL up north, but, in the US, they were all vinyl interior until 1989, when Volvo finally began offering a cloth option down here for the DL wagons. The GL wagons with velour were extremely rare here. I've only seen two that were US spec cars. Both 1982 models with the B21F engine.

Non 4-cylinder 1977-85 240s in Canada were Swedish built cars. Again, US specification mechanicals, but, European trim level equipment, at least on the Diesel for 1982-early 1984 production. A late 1984 Canadian Diesel will be identical to the US version, except for speedometer, wagons getting cloth, and the bumpers.

Good to know.

I wish it still had the original D24 diesel and M46 transmission for collector purposes... The 5.0 and T-5 will have to do I suppose

Bit of a weird one. Very early (?) 75-80 pen tray but its hard plastic not rubber. Still has the matching texture as the dash. Found in a early 262c.

50784373567_db0a938d5e.jpg
[/url]2020-12-31_10-54-43 by princessoireland, on Flickr[/IMG]

^ When you remove the original flat trim from the dash there are 2 screws that hold back the dash/trim. I think that was how you attach that item.

Back