• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

poll how long will it run? 91 240

Fell asleep and ran into a tree last Monday hit so hard trunk is jammed shut. crank endplay was never a issue even the 100 year old air bag did it's job,although I was knocked out for a while I walked away

On the M30 straight 6 engine I've noticed crank play only on the manual transmission cars. This is the 3.4-3.5 L engines like the 635, 535 and 735 engines. On the ones I've seen it on are high mileage engines. 250-300K +engines. Where the automatic engines show no Crankshaft play. I can only think that wear comes from holding the clutch in causing wear to the thrust bearing. Don't hold your clutch in unnecessarily. Like sitting at a long light with the clutch pushed in.

Glad you walked away from that impact. Take it easy for awhile to make sure any hidden issues heal up. You are a member of my Volvo saved me club.

Fell asleep and ran into a tree last Monday hit so hard trunk is jammed shut. crank endplay was never a issue even the 100 year old air bag did it's job,although I was knocked out for a while I walked away

I am so thankful that you are okay. It's good to know that your air bag still worked and you could walk away!

I'm glad no one else was involved to. I'm thinking is time for a new job that's closer to home and not a hour and a half away, is sucks the front end was just rebuilt last week, I'm still on the fence about paying the tow bill or letting it go I don't think there's much to salvage

That sucks I drive home tired on a regular basis. There's plenty of days we work 18-20 hrs sometimes more. I just find another $500 240 and use that one for parts.

Back