• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Reverse converting 7/9 front end

boostin'xr4

OV FIRE
I'm currently building a 945t and it needs some front end parts. I also happen to love the 4 square front of the older 7's. I searched and couldn't find too much.

What is needed, hood, fenders, grille, headlight buckets and headlight assemblies and trim?

The whole front clip and a spot weld drill.

Oh and you missed maintenance or showroom.

:oops:

Okay thank you. I bought a 140 wagon from someone on here out in Oregon who is selling me an entire front clip for my 740 with the car. And technically this forum is not performance modification, it's performance AND modification... And putting an entirely different front clip on a car I would call a modification ;)

Last edited:
You forgot bumper and bumper shocks. You gotta drill out the welds for the front center piece that the hood latches onto to make it flat like the 80's 740's so the 80's hood will fit. Best to have a real 80's 740 right there when your doing it so you know what to do.

The idea of swapping a 700 front end has been bugging me as well for a while. The only issue i have is, I'm not sure how it would look with the 944 rear-end. Somebody had photo shopped it on in this forum, but it was long enough ago for the images to disappear. Maybe somebody got those pics saved up, or has done this on a sedan irl and could share?

Back