• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

EGR fault code

Correction! I used bosch part number 0 227 400 146. Non egr ignition computer. Mine had a daughter board in it. I just looked on ebay. But I would ask the seller to verify and open it up to see if the daughter board is in there. Or get the gold box version and be totally sure.

Last edited:
Keep in mind NOX will be higher if it needs emission testing.

In my state (Illinois), vehicles 1995 and older are exempt from smog thank the lord.

Correction! I used bosch part number 0 227 400 146. Non egr ignition computer. Mine had a daughter board in it. I just looked on ebay. But I would ask the seller to verify and open it up to see if the daughter board is in there. Or get the gold box version and be totally sure.

I've messaged sbabbs about chips during work today but I was curious if his chips had some sort of feedback thread.

California needs smog on anything 1976 or newer. I saw a 1975 240 for sale the other day and the ad was gone 1 hour later.

I'm gonna need some chips too. With a bigger turbo and cam I will be hitting MAF based fuel cut!

I had an EGR temp sensor code that would trigger immediately. Sensor was open circuit. It seems the EGR codes on these cars will pop up right away when something is wrong.

Last edited:
My code pops up when I use the highway which is pretty odd. I've just left it on for now.

I saw some threads alluding to being able to trick the egr to not trigger but at this point I'll just be getting chips once I check for daughter boards

The same. My 245 is not quite ready for prime time. Got some exhaust to finish up and a few other niggling things. Just been circling the block, staying close to the house letting the computer learn.

Later I’ll have one of the guys make me a chip that will hopefully tell the CEL to **** up.

I have a 4 1 3 code triggering on my 1991 740. That's the code for the EGR temp sensor.

I have diagnosed it as an open circuit internal to the sensor. Spec is approx 500 ohms. (So I've read). I replaced the sensor with a used one I tested at the junkyard with a Fluke meter before purchase.

Are Sbabbs chips the way to go? Not getting any replies from TLAO. Just checked both ECUs for daughterboard and they are both present.

Yes, they are good stuff. N/a version makes the engine much nicer especially a manual car wtih a better cam in it. But even an automatic will be happy with the better ignition advance curve.

Back