• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

T5 behind B20- what clutch disk?

vwbusman66

Stößelstange über alles
I have gathered all the parts do to a T5 swap in my 142 eventually including a transmission.
What clutch disk are you using? I'm keeping power stock for now, so I'd like to keep the stock flywheel and PP.

Can I use the $100 YoshiFab organic disc?

The $100 yoshifab disk will work just fine with a stock PP.

You can also go with the Saab viggen PP and a 9” ford clutch disk, depending on how the stock flywheel dowel pins are located.

overkill? I'm happy with mine, but have been finding that it still slips just a tad at 20 psi in 4th... probably needs to be pulled again and a different finish grade on the flywheel.

I'd say so, I'd be looking for something a little more friendly unless you really needed the torque rating.

No issues with mine slipping *touch wood*

I'd say so, I'd be looking for something a little more friendly unless you really needed the torque rating.

No issues with mine slipping *touch wood*

stockish build, I'd agree, but if hes planning on continuing what we've talked about, I'd go a ways higher if $$ allows. Its pretty crazy what happens with the torque curve on these with a little low down boost. Even 7-10 and its a huge difference.

I have a 122 T5 swap question. I know you would have to mod the trans tunnel to accommodate the T5 shifter, but do you need to mod the driveshaft tunnel for this swap? The tail shaft on the T5 seems to be at a higher position then the M41. It looks to me like you would have to make the driveshaft tunnel higher to account for this.

I have a 122 T5 swap question. I know you would have to mod the trans tunnel to accommodate the T5 shifter, but do you need to mod the driveshaft tunnel for this swap? The tail shaft on the T5 seems to be at a higher position then the M41. It looks to me like you would have to make the driveshaft tunnel higher to account for this.

122 wagon.... yes. Not exactly sure on a 140, but ease of driveshaft install and availability, I would.

It?s hard to say. My driveshaft is one piece so it definitely had to be done. Maybe with a stock-ish diameter two-piece driveshaft you?d be okay?

Where do you get the adaptor plates now?

Mike,
I am planning on running the used BNE t5 plate and BH I bought a few months ago- it is drilled with two sets of holes- late (76 240+) slanted orientation and early (75 and down) upright orientation. Dee Works? adapters system is also dual- drilled. The m45/6/7 BH will bolt to your B20 and you can use the upright orientation holes in his adapter.

That?s what I?ve been told/read.

This.

Cut the whole tunnel out of a 240, and "massage" it into place. The kind of massage with cutting, beating and fire.

god damn it
you and your ****ty suggestions about 90% of the things on here :wtf:

IMG_0227_zps252fd59f.jpg

https://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=28576

thats an M41 though they later put in a t5 in there

I know all about that modification

hes asking about fitting a drive shaft

A T5 fits in that tunnel in a 240. If the driveshaft does not clear in the 122, the piece of driveshaft tunnel from the 240 could be cut out at the same time as the bellhousing/tranny section and utilized. Yes it is probably too short but gets you most of the way.
DSC00003.JPG

Have you even worked on a 122 or welded up any major components on a car ?

No on the 122. Yes I have welded on cars. First tranny tunnel I welded was on a channelled '32 ford my buddies dad was building when I was 14. Seriously man, why you being an jerk? Nowhere here did the OP say he knew about using the 240 transmission tunnel, only that he new the original wont work and it needed to be modded:

My intention was to say that using an existing driveshaft tunnel can be easier than making one from scratch if the shaft wont fit in the existing one.

Back