• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Time for tires

Bready

board deviant
Need some tires for my V70 - all season good rain decent snow - this is my backup so it rarely gets driven but if there is snow this is my go to (which we get very little of here).

Not looking for anything fancy but just a good all around cost effective - thoughts?

Considering the Vredestein quadra trak currently.

Last edited:
Continental extreme contact Dw06 are my go to tire for the last few years. I go driving in blizzards for fun with those on my V50 T5 AWD, the only other cars on the road are jacked up trucks and jeeps. If the snow is not deeper than the bumper, no worries. And they perform very well the rest of the year, high speed lane changes, heavy braking, you name it, they never let me down.
I have them on all my cars.

Same here, DWS06's on the V50, awesome in everything I have thrown at it.

Summer tires on my wagon of course, but no chance it will see snow. lol

Just put Vredestein Quatrac 5 on the daily driver. Very much love them -- smooth, quiet, and handling feels extremely responsive. A new set of tires always feels better than the old dead ones, but this improvement is better than any I can recall.

Not many miles so far, and I hope I still like them when we get rain, but I'm optimistic.

Continental extreme contact Dw06 are my go to tire for the last few years. I go driving in blizzards for fun with those on my V50 T5 AWD, the only other cars on the road are jacked up trucks and jeeps. If the snow is not deeper than the bumper, no worries. And they perform very well the rest of the year, high speed lane changes, heavy braking, you name it, they never let me down.
I have them on all my cars.

Those look pretty good. Ordered the Vredestein so I'll see how those pan out (we rarely get much more than a few inches here a few times during the winter) - but that's on my next upgrade list brother. Many thanks :wave:

Need some tires for my V70 - all season good rain decent snow - this is my backup so it rarely gets driven but if there is snow this is my go to (which we get very little of here).

Not looking for anything fancy but just a good all around cost effective - thoughts?

If you don't live in snow country or have if you have FWD/AWD, .. those tires should work fine

http://cdn1.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/autoexpressuk/files/3/87/vredestein-quatrac-5.jpg

Last edited:
General Altimax RT43. They are great in all weather conditions (pretty decent in lower MI snow) and are wearing well. Low road noise too and they are competitively priced

+1 for what you're looking at, the Quatrac 5s. They're way better than the Altimax RT43 and way better than the cheapest junk and they will help you use your snow vehicle in the snow. And they're just good in general!

Went with Vredestein Quatrac 5s on the 740 last week. I ended up driving out of the pile of snow Minnesota got, through sleet and freezing rain in Wisconsin, and finally through rain on my way back to Chicago. The tires performed exceptionally. I highly recommend them if you find yourself driving in a variety of less than ideal conditions.

Back