• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 sunroof

Thanks I was hoping for some pics the body shop took all of it apart and gave me it back in a box. I bought new seals and I forgot how they went on....thank you..

Do you mind if I ask what is going on with my seal? ‘84 242 turbo, I have only opened it once, owned the car for only a few months. It does not leak...yet :-(

picture.php

The car has been maintained beautifully but has sat in a garage for about a decade, taken out for a couple of car shows and that’s it.

I’m scared to death it’s going to start leaking and ruin the inside and then everything goes down hill from there!!!:wtf::wtf:

The sunroof seals aren't really designed to keep out all of the water. There is a channel for water that enters through the sunroof seals that drains out of the front and rear roof pillars. If your sunroof leaks it's probably because the drains are plugged.

The sunroof seal has split open allowing the piping to escape on VN's seal.

1022786.jpg

Yes, I can get you the seals and yes the sunroof has to come out to change them although you might be able to do just the rear one without removing the sunroof.

Should I be freaking out yet? She sits outside sometimes

I apologize for taking over the thread, I hope I added to it?

Should I be freaking out yet? She sits outside sometimes

I apologize for taking over the thread, I hope I added to it?

No need to freak out. Read what hiperfauto said above. The seal is there to keep things like leaves, dirt etc out of the sunroof mechanism. The actually don't seal water out at all. Water goes right past them and into the tray below. Then, down the channels and out the drain hoses that go through the A-pillar and C-pillar.

So I looked and there seems to be no OBVIOUS seal to me but I?ve never had a moon roof before so what do I know??? Here are the pics I blindly took since I had no idea what I was looking for.

Please don?t mind the dirty car, she has been out in the elements:-(

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Back