• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

90+ mani question

oldnfast

I?m gonna be parting my 95 945 so today I sprayed some rusty nuts and bolts in preparation for removing a bunch of stuff. On the back end of the exhaust manifold there?s a bung with pipe/tube? I don?t remember that on my 91 when I removed it. Do they all have that?
Thanks

It is the tube nut on the EGR tube. A 7/8" open end wrench should remove it. I've never had one that was difficult to loosen.

Egr pipe. Remove turbo and down pipe first. This will give you room to use a crescent wrench to loosen the pipe. Then proceed to remove manifold

I plan to sell the + turbo stuff for cheap. Does the egr affect the value? Are the engine computers different with egr?
Thanks guys

The manifold is worth the same price as it's easy to plug that fitting. The computers are different both ezk and fuel. Open up the ezk box and see if it has the daughter board in it. There will be an eprom on the daughter board. If it does then it's a chip able unit that you can sell or use for a performance chip. if the ezk box is gold then it for sure has the daughter board.

Last edited:
I?m gonna be parting my 95 945 so today I sprayed some rusty nuts and bolts in preparation for removing a bunch of stuff. On the back end of the exhaust manifold there?s a bung with pipe/tube? I don?t remember that on my 91 when I removed it. Do they all have that?
Thanks

Does your car also have pulse air injection?

O2 sensor plug fits the hole. Straight threads with a crush washer:
168789049.jpg

Back