• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Grey to silver Phoenix

760 axel is under the 740. Woke up at 2am with the idea of using the 760 alb harness in the 740. Might be a wee bit long but I can wrap it around my neck.

Helping John out posting pictures. Here are a few. Will add more pictures when John sends more to me. Will only post a few photos per post so there will be less lag when viewing photos.

The carnage:

49866905761_a615f3082a_z.jpg

49866905741_55cc4d1072_z.jpg

What a nice guy white855t is.

Seriously though, if your trying post on a phone off Flickr or imgur, (2 I've used) it's actually really terrible.

Following because 7 series are awesome.

The small rework turned into a solid 6 hours. Installed a the controller and its relays in the space where the battery once was. RF. Turbo gets it in the LF. Shortened some lengthened others. Turned key on,dash light on, started,light went off. Rear calipers need fresh hoses. Drive shaft not in yet. So really don’t know if it works. How long does it take for you to hit the floor cause you slipped on a zip tie? It takes a lot longer to get up. CLEAN YOUR SHOP DAILY

Topped of all the fluids. Drive shaft in. Replaced rear calipers and hoses.lit it up. P/s pump sounds like a dying cat. Went for a drive on the lift to check abs. The front wheels are not turning so it detected that the fronts were locked. Brake pedal did it’s pulses so I think it works. But no speedo. There is plus and minus at the speedo. Tomorrow is another day.

Posted a request for help on the no speedometer. Same wire diagram on 2 books say it has a signal converter. I see none on the 87. Remove tank pump from the grey. I think the 88 pump is a bit sketchy.

With the car on the lift I can “drive” it while trying to fix the no speedo. Yikes there is a big fuel leak. The hose from the tank pump split. Should have changed it when it was it was swapped.

Got new hose still have the leak. I might have broke the pipe that is on the sender unit. If my shop wasn’t a home for scorpions,black widow spiders,brown recluse spiders, centipedes—

Replaced clamp. Still leaking. Going to replace small hose. Started replacing windows and seals Saturday. Started on the lr. Transferred all parts. Went to raise the window and it wold not go all the way up. 6 hours spent. The problem was the rear run channel was not seated all the way.

Pulled the tank unit. Found a hole in the pipe for the feed hose. It was on the back side Close to where the pipe diameter increases so there was no way to slide the hose down to cover it.

Fed X man brought new rear muffler hanger. While installing it I noticed that the rear sway bar looked strange. Ahaha the dummy strikes again. It’s in upside down. And it was on the lift so it was easy. Might blame it on them green bottles.

Swapped the tank pump from the other car. Changed the harness connection. Soldered the wires and used heat shrink for insulation. Put it all back together. No start. Got power to it. Checked for a complete circuit,none. Pulled the pump again and found one wire had a cold solder. Should have checked it on the bench. It runs again and no leaks. Yet. Back to the inop speedo.

Decided to get the dead one out of the way. Got all the door glass and regulator swapped. There is lots of dirt in the doors so the next chore will be wash them out. Then install the panels. Still have the seats and carpet to transfer. I have been thinking about cutting out the back glass. The silver car has tint and the opens the chance of killing the defrost grid. Plus makes pulling the mint headliner easy.

Back