• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's 244: ATS Brakes All The Things/Wish It Was A CTS-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
its been a while! well got a big and disappointing update. Well not disappointing but different to say the least, so this car will not be getting alot of the stuff i have built for it, i was finding myself looking for a daily driver about two months ago, i was test driving some bmws and some benzs. I just thought man the 244 was a great daily, and the way its being built its a race car confused as a daily. So i decided this car will be my daily, i still however want it to be quick and fun. removed all the heim components i built, removed the yoshi fab intake, removed the header and evo turbo.

so you may ask where is everything going, well i have been trying to sell my red 242 for a while, and thought, hell both the cars are smog exempt. the 242 is the perfect track car platform, i i wouldnt feel bad if i wrecked it. so all the suspension i built, the header and intake and megasquirt are going into the rustbucket.

so that leaves us with the 244, whats changed and whats in it.
engine is a 94 b230fd+t, ported 90+, 19t with a angled housing, 500cc injectors, 3 inch maf, 91+ power steering, 91+ ac system, wc t5, custom yoshifab flywheel/clutch/pp. ipd cam, mitsubishi fuso inter cooler. 93 strut housings on cut spings and shortened hds

Yea, it was a good decision in my book. The car is too clean to hack up, so with the help of torre, the engine trans flywheel and pp are in as of now, the yoshifab flywheel is amazing, I'm super excited to test it for him, it's a billet flywheel with lh 2.4 notches, a 9 inche Kevlar clutch and a toyota 22re pp rated at 460ftlbs. Running the clutch lines tomorrow and bleeding it to see how the pedal feel is. Should have the car on the road in the next week or so. Probably won't make it to davis with the 244 but the hilux will be there so that's cool

And Harald the shortened billy hds are up front. I made a spacer up top and used a spring compressor to install them so it should be perfect for this car. I will probably run some iPd springs in the future but for right now I'm happy where everything sits

well heres the only pictures i took of the engine and trans swap, this is the back of the new yoshifab billet flywheel, and the pp finger comparison between the 22re and a stock volvo pp, 22re plate is on the bottom, also the bolt in jy cross member solution, 94 mustang trans crossmember ( forgot who i saw running one of these but it works great, you can space up the trans with a auto trans crossmember spacer under the t5 mount.

Just finished reading this thread all the way through - nice build with an unexpected ending!! (also nice).
I found the thread through another link as I was looking at using the B21f intake - did I read in your thread that you're also going to use the head instead of welding bungs into the manifold?
I was reading the thread hoping to see how this worked out. I thought received wisdom was that the B21f head would not fit on the B230 block (plus problems with other non cylinder bits).
Would putting non Kjet injectors in the head cause them any problems?
Maybe I misunderstood what you wrote but now I'm intrigued - it's like reading a novel & finding the last page is missing!

i am running a scp 398 kjet head, and a yoshifab b21f intake. im running the injenctors in the head because the angle is perfect for fuel atomization in theory. im going to be running siemens 50lb injectors in the kjet injector retainers with a 940 fuel rail.

andddddd plans changed again, i just want to run all this fabbed stuff immediately so all the suspension is on the car as well as the intake and the heavily ported head. i topped the head off with a ipd turbo cam, its not the best cam on the market but its a good all around cam and makes plenty of power. im using stock valves for now, my fear is i removed to much material from the head and want to retain some driveability. i put some of bens roll center correctors. will throw up some pictures here in a few.

yanked the trans again tonight and shimmed up the pivot ball for the 22re pressure plate. a/c, 2.4, and efan is all wired in. its all hooked up like it came from the factory, just need to remount the intercooler then its off to my dads shop for exhaust, ic piping, and some body work :) super excited to be in the home stretch in theory!!!!

What is the thinking behind the B21 intake manifold? Is that a proven setup? Bigger, straighter runners than the B230?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back