• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

ABS vs Non-ABS Master Cylinder

2JZFC

Planning to install a 960 slim booster and mc into a 244 that is getting an engine swap. The 960 donor car has ABS and from research on the forum, I got the impression I need the non-ABS mc and was wondering why as a mc is a pretty simple device. Is there something unique/different from about the ABS mc that would not make it work in a 244?

Thanks

Can't say much about the 960 MC, but I didn't learn until recently that the 240 ABS MC has two different bore sizes . . . one size for fronts and another for rears. Non-ABS 240s (which is all I have ever owned) have the same bore front to rear.

Might be a similar thing with the 900 series.

Dave B

I put a brake Booster from a 91 740 that did not have ABS on a 95 960 that did once. It fit. The Booster holes where the same, I'm pretty sure you'll have to drill some new holes to put the 960 booster on on a 240. Are you keeping the 240 booster with the 960 master?

Ford F-series and Ranger master cylinders fit a Volvo 700/900 booster. The push rod length would need adjusting. Many bore sizes were used.

Back