• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Oil drain hose, and it's temperature?

Jussi Alanko

I make a oil drain hose at an12 size normal steel braided hose.
It's tempererature durability it's 150 degrees of celcius, or 300 fahrenheits.

Is it enough?

I know that oil temperature in the pan is normally below 100 degrees of celcius, but just after the turbo it can be higher, so maybe i use also a steel braided teflon hose, not a rubber hose.

Im going to buy a flexible stainless steel line used for dodge cummins turbo. No rubber at all stainless steel. But my engine has header and the drain goes down threw the header and touches the pipes which are wrapped in header wrap. I think the ss drain line is like 40.00.

And it's not so much the oil temp during operation as it is some heat soak following shutdown. It's hooked to a very hot turbo, and without oil flowing through it to keep it cool, it can get hotter after it sits for a little bit.

I went to a hydraulics shop and got hydraulic hose that was rated for extreme temps & pressure. Claimed resistance to about every chemical an engine could spew on it. I never had to mess with it after that.

Back