• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Engine Swaps

240M603

Greetings,
Has anyone here, other than me, done some engine swaps? And if so, please show them off. Me personally, I have an OM603, in my 240.
It's a 6-cyl. 3,0L Mercedes Diesel engine.
It's got about 120hp, with 1031 rear axle.
Aluminium M46 from a 760 Diesel.
And the flywheel has went on a diet, losing 4kg in total, if my memory is right.
The engine mounts are custom, oil pan is custom, and pretty much everything else on the car as well has been touched by me.

Now share yours! :)

Mvh

I decided to do something entirely unique, never been done before, pioneering. I put an LS in my 245.

OK, so maybe there are more swapped LS engines than remain in their original GM wrappers, whatEVER.

Aluminum 5.3L LH8 from a 2008 Hummer H3 Alpha. LS9 cam, valve sprangs, new lifters while I was in there, and why not - a set of Chinesium head studs. T76 turbo mounted up front, tubular (pain in the ass) headers, Goldbox MS. Hooked to a Nissan CD009-style (it's actually an Infinity JK41c) 6 speed manual. Maybe something like 500 hp? Still running on pump gas, needs more fuel pump to switch to E85 and more boost. I also have a Ford 8.8 rear axle waiting to go in as well.

IMG_20190902_164439_zpspbchxyso.jpg

I decided to do something entirely unique, never been done before, pioneering. I put an LS in my 245.

OK, so maybe there are more swapped LS engines than remain in their original GM wrappers, whatEVER.

Aluminum 5.3L LH8 from a 2008 Hummer H3 Alpha. LS9 cam, valve sprangs, new lifters while I was in there, and why not - a set of Chinesium head studs. T76 turbo mounted up front, tubular (pain in the ass) headers, Goldbox MS. Hooked to a Nissan CD009-style (it's actually an Infinity JK41c) 6 speed manual. Maybe something like 500 hp? Still running on pump gas, needs more fuel pump to switch to E85 and more boost. I also have a Ford 8.8 rear axle waiting to go in as well.

IMG_20190902_164439_zpspbchxyso.jpg

That's like, my dream setup.

Check out the projects and restoration sub forum, tons of great swaps happening there. Many LS swaps like mine, Johns, and others, plus some other crazy stuff.

2005 aluminum 5.3L L33, full rebuild, custom cam, ARP everything, etc, 450hp N/A, will be turbocharged, features JohnMC's Hummer throttle body on the front haha, in 1978 242. Modified TKO 600 transmission

Not finished yet obviously.

nfTqhwcl.jpg

N/A whiteblock in a 220 amazon with Suzuki GSXR 1000 ITBs. The end goal is to freshen it up and make it rev higher but for now it's all stock. Link to my project thread in my signature.

RiPFE9p.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4RucKuNWeZs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

N/A whiteblock in a 220 amazon with Suzuki GSXR 1000 ITBs. The end goal is to freshen it up and make it rev higher but for now it's all stock. Link to my project thread in my signature.

RiPFE9p.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4RucKuNWeZs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

32 years ago I put a Chevy 350 in my '78 wagon, still driving it, 325K miles later.

engine swap !!!

:rofl:
Greetings,
Has anyone here, other than me, done some engine swaps? And if so, please show them off. Me personally, I have an OM603, in my 240.
It's a 6-cyl. 3,0L Mercedes Diesel engine.
It's got about 120hp, with 1031 rear axle.
Aluminium M46 from a 760 Diesel.
And the flywheel has went on a diet, losing 4kg in total, if my memory is right.
The engine mounts are custom, oil pan is custom, and pretty much everything else on the car as well has been touched by me.

lol ,based on this, she is not a virgin anymore. :oogle:
I have an 7mgte with 250 hp +/- and it does about the same mileage as the stock 4 banger.
There are plenty of diesel swaps there with upgraded turbos pushing bout 200 hp plus.
Take care
Dz:rofl:

Now share yours! :)

Mvh

Back