• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

960 Front Brake Pads

lummert

Is there any difference in the front brake pads for the 92-93 960 and the 94-97 980? They show up as 2 different part numbers I recently replaced the front Jumbo brake pads on my 88 765 with Jumbo brake rotors. I ordered brake pads for a 92 940. When I did the pad replacement it was apparent that I had the later pads installed. I had better braking with the newer pads. The pads I ordered were Duralastic Semi-Metallic. The listing showed them as Ceramic. But the box contained Semi-metallic pads. So I have been researching other premium brake pads available to me locally that fit 94-97 960 and 97-98 s/v90.

If the weather is mild tomorrow i'm going to swap back to the old pads. If the brake performance has improved I will return the brake pads to Autozone for a refund. Then order a sett of the later ceramic pads.

The only real difference that I could see when swapping back to the old pads, that were still good, was the type of shim. But the Chinese pads contained what looked like copper wire. After the rotor cleaned itself off from running on the old pads the brakes were back to normal.

Back