• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

9.8:1 B230 Pistons

curiousCat

I'm interested to learn what the dish size is on the OEM factory fitted B230F pistons, I know the advertised SCR is 9.8:1, but I have read here that when measured it is more around 9.3:1

Greetings!

Just finished posting to a thread over on the maintenance side which looked at the US supply problem for B230 9.8:1 pistons:

https://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=357113

Thought folks on the performance side might be interested in some of that info along with the new 9.8:1 Mahle kit stock which KG Trimning just got hold of today:

https://www.kgtrimning.org/200-ser-1/engineparts/engine-block/piston/3766.html

Have a great weekend --

Do the conversion
1,100 Swedish Krona equals
123.12 United States Dollar
plus post air mail, plus insurance, and you are over $500-550 which is an awful lot of money for boring cast pistons.

@JV:

Thanks for trolling on by ;-)

For the record, that's $98.55 each (no VAT); and it's for the actual OEM pieces.

So they're costly by cheap engine standards, but most out here would agree it's far better for the price than no pistons -- or 8.7:1 T-versions in an NA 230, whatever the savings.

Unless one wants to dumpster-dive for scrapyard trash, these parts are getting harder and harder to come by every day.

Good luck --

@JV:

Thanks for trolling on by ;-)

For the record, that's $98.55 each (no VAT); and it's for the actual OEM pieces.

So they're costly by cheap engine standards, but most out here would agree it's far better for the price than no pistons -- or 8.7:1 T-versions in an NA 230, whatever the savings.

Unless one wants to dumpster-dive for scrapyard trash, these parts are getting harder and harder to come by every day.

Good luck --
I believe his point was you can get nice new forged custom pistons for around the same money.

I believe his point was you can get nice new forged custom pistons for around the same money.

Exactly! If you're going to shell out the money for some ****ty cast pistons why would you NOT consider forged?

Exactly! If you're going to shell out the money for some ****ty cast pistons why would you NOT consider forged?

Longevity on a stock rebuild, and cast will run about half the cost of forged (~$380 vs ~$700):e-shrug:

Cast pistons should wear better than forged. Forged are just more durable when things go wrong. But don't let than fool you, you can still blow a hole in a forged piston just as easy as a cast one. At an alarming rate as well.

Back