• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

242 Walboro 450lph install

89-240gl+t

today I was upgrading the intank fuel pump from my 255lph to a walboro 450lph. Everything is straight forward except im having problems getting the assembly back in since the lower part of the pump is flared out. Hoping to get some tips on making it fit, thanks guys.

McbG6a0l.jpg

Remove the float arm but sometime tie it on so you can clip it back on once the pump is most of the way in.

And good luck, having recently done a pump on a 240 I can't imagine the pain and time you havce spent on trying already.

Remove the float arm but sometime tie it on so you can clip it back on once the pump is most of the way in.

And good luck, having recently done a pump on a 240 I can't imagine the pain and time you havce spent on trying already.

Will try that!

Yeah isn?t that fun of a job...

A regular pump only fits in when clocked a certain direction. I am about to do the same thing, install an Aeromotive 340 lph pump to feed my surge tank.

I gotta say I am not above doing a bit of grinding to make it happen, pump the tank dry and some magnets to catch the shavings.

A regular pump only fits in when clocked a certain direction. I am about to do the same thing, install an Aeromotive 340 lph pump to feed my surge tank.

I gotta say I am not above doing a bit of grinding to make it happen, pump the tank dry and some magnets to catch the shavings.

Yeah I?m seriously thinking about it if I can?t get it in tomorrow. My 255 went in no problem, but my 450 with the extra booty is a different story.

They fit, somehow. The issue I had was with the filter being in the way, so I had to rotate the filter a few times to get it clocked the best. The float only fell off a few times.
The AEM 320 (?) pumps fit so much better.

They fit, somehow. The issue I had was with the filter being in the way, so I had to rotate the filter a few times to get it clocked the best. The float only fell off a few times.
The AEM 320 (?) pumps fit so much better.

Going to mess with it today again. I only dropped the ball in once so far.

Man the head I just installed from you sounds so rowdy!! Thanks again for everything, working with Kenny right now with the tune

Going to mess with it today again. I only dropped the ball in once so far.

Man the head I just installed from you sounds so rowdy!! Thanks again for everything, working with Kenny right now with the tune

Glad it's working out well!

Are you using an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator or the stock one? I ask because the stock one does not flow enough for the 450lph pump, and your base pressure will be ~55psi and will cause some odd tuning issues as fuel pressure will not be consistent with load and boost.

Which aftermarket fuel pressure regulators would you recommend? I keep being told the ebay ones with gauges are not something to use but I do not know if that means they like to leak or their gauges' readings have no correlation with reality... any reality. Which is a shame since I can see the benefits of having a gauge right there instead of having to disassemble the line to put one as the Volvo manual would indicate.

Which aftermarket fuel pressure regulators would you recommend? I keep being told the ebay ones with gauges are not something to use but I do not know if that means they like to leak or their gauges' readings have no correlation with reality... any reality. Which is a shame since I can see the benefits of having a gauge right there instead of having to disassemble the line to put one as the Volvo manual would indicate.

I didn?t end up installing a fpr and haven?t had any problems so far

I have a walbro 450 and the 4bar fpr from a dodge daytona. I am having SERIOUS issues with drivability 1200-2500rpm. Everything above that is amazing.

It is on microsquirt and a turner has spend hours with it. He is saying the only thing he would put his money on is the fpr. Any help or suggestiosn?

Ive been told that the stock fpr wouldn't work with the 450 but I havent had any issues with mine at all. Running straight e85 as well

Back