• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 Muffler pipe replacement and Ignition timing 740

RR

So I am refreshing the head on my 92 740 wagon, N/A, and while I did take a photo of the distributor position on the head before I pulled it; I'm wondering if there is a TB method of lining up the rotor and distributor before re-installing the head.

Also, I will be removing the rear muffler and replacing it with a blank, just for better flow. Does anyone have a part# for the pipe blank, or the actual od of the 74 rear pipe?

Thanks in advance. Rick

So I am refreshing the head on my 92 740 wagon, N/A, and while I did take a photo of the distributor position on the head before I pulled it; I'm wondering if there is a TB method of lining up the rotor and distributor before re-installing the head.

Also, I will be removing the rear muffler and replacing it with a blank, just for better flow. Does anyone have a part# for the pipe blank, or the actual od of the 74 rear pipe?

Thanks in advance. Rick

I'm pretty sure it will only fit one way, insert the distributor and turn rotor with slight pressure on the distributor till it seats.

Thanks in advance. Rick

The diameter of that rear pipe is lucky if it's 50 mm )1-15/16 inch?). Upgrade to turbo exhaust parts from the converter back. Turbo exhaust is 60 mm (2.38 inch O.D./ 2.25 inch I.D.

It would be better to delete the first muffler and keep the rear muffler(well replacing it of course with the turbo version).

Back