• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Twin Turbo on 4 cylinder Question (theory)

blkaplan

50 shades of beige
300+ Club
Just from a theoretical point of view, if you were planning on doing a twin-turbo in parallel...

Would it better to run two tiny twin-scroll turbos and pair the cylinders, or is there nothing to be gained since you are already separating the charge pulses.

This is probably mostly pointed at our resident turbo expert but would love to hear if anyone has any insight on this.

I would assume if the twin-scroll were more responsive, it would be minimal, but I'm still curious.

On top of properly pairing the cylinders, right?

I have no clue at all, but I was always curious if a twin scroll would work better even without a divided manifold going into it - just a common plenum feeding the divided scroll. More of a flow thing -where the turbine gets gasses applied to it more evenly around the circumference, vs. a single scroll.

Just from a theoretical point of view, if you were planning on doing a twin-turbo in parallel...

Would it better to run two tiny twin-scroll turbos and pair the cylinders, or is there nothing to be gained since you are already separating the charge pulses.

This is probably mostly pointed at our resident turbo expert but would love to hear if anyone has any insight on this.

I would assume if the twin-scroll were more responsive, it would be minimal, but I'm still curious.

Are you thinking using cyl 1-4 exhaust to feed turbo A and 2-3 for turbo B, and charged intake from turbo A to feed cyls 2-3, and charge B to feed cyls 1-4? :omg:

Back