home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Old 10-01-2020, 03:40 PM   #1
Shinchan
Board Member

Default Question about B20 w/ stock fuel rail and aftermarket FPR

I'm using an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator (one of the Ebay ones) with a stock B20 FI rail/loop for a Megasquirt install.

I don't seem to be able to get the pressure regulator to register any pressure on the gauge. I suspect that I just didn't install all of the lines in the correct spots. Anyone using a setup like this that can point me in the right direction?

Crude drawing for reference:
fuel-rail
Shinchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 03:52 PM   #2
cwdodson88
Board Member

Remove the FPR from that location and install a "T" attach the T to both sides of that rail, and the 3rd leg to your feed. Use the port you have labeled as "fuel" to run to the FPR, and the outlet of the FPR as the return to the tank. Cap off the spot you have labeled as "return" or install a gauge there (thats the 5th injector spot).

Alternatively, you could just run a length of hose across the rail completing a hoop, if that makes sense, and use fuel as feed, and return to go to your fpr.

The Build Thread
SVEA - PUSHROD TURBO!
cwdodson88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 05:52 PM   #3
Shinchan
Board Member

Thanks, that did the trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwdodson88 View Post
Remove the FPR from that location and install a "T" attach the T to both sides of that rail, and the 3rd leg to your feed. Use the port you have labeled as "fuel" to run to the FPR, and the outlet of the FPR as the return to the tank. Cap off the spot you have labeled as "return" or install a gauge there (thats the 5th injector spot).

Alternatively, you could just run a length of hose across the rail completing a hoop, if that makes sense, and use fuel as feed, and return to go to your fpr.
Shinchan is offline   Reply With Quote