• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Charisma.

Bought a yoshifab driveshaft adapter off the guy i sold the 2 piece shaft to.

In other news, rear shocks are ****, don't buy pro comps... Cant wait to get the bilsteins installed. Got some spare trailing arms that i want to weld up some shock mounts to so i can adjust rear shock placement.

Car idles like **** since i bought it back. Thought it would be an easy fix. Found a few vac leaks but that did not help. Checked the fuel pressure, thats fine. I hate troubleshooting sometimes. The guy did a bunch of work to the engine, head gasket, timing belt, oil seals, b-cam, etc. So figuring out what he did wrong is going to be fun...

as far as installing the 4.10 ring and pinion, dan is thinking it would be much easier to find an entire carrier/pinion to swap instead of putting the gearset i have on my carrier.

And heres an old picture just for fun.
10609522_10152265585596302_8127445541925638932_n.jpg

B7C09330-BA85-4C8C-9FC7-49EBF6C0C88C_zpsgeflpskb.jpg

From this last weekend. Mobbed it down some sandy roads. Low traction but smooth and straight some large whoops from time to time. Bottomed the front out more often then I'd like to. Needs stiffer springs and less droop travel more compression travel. Going to try some 275lb front springs. Right now these struts are on the 40th click out of 40 so I hope going from 225lb spring to 275 doesn't make me want more damping up front. The rear is way under damped so it was kinda scary from time to time. Need to get the bilstiens in but atleast the spring rate feels about right.

Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get this suspension setup right. Might need the front struts revalved...

Yeah i think ill send them in for a rebuild/re-valve and run a 275lb or 300lb front spring. I have some spare trailing arms for the rear that i want to box up and build some drop down shock mounts to run these bilstiens i got. They are 22" from eye to eye extended and 14.5" compressed. Id like to be able to run them at different ride heights and be able to adjust how much droop i have at ride height etc. So lots of adjustability would be nice. Ill be able to play with nitrogen pressures too so ill have lots of dialing to do.

Need to build some torque rods. I like the idea of doing rubber on one end and a heim on the other. Same thing for trailing arms rubber on the chassis and id like to run Ben's bearing housings in the axle. I want the axle to articulate freely and i will control that with swaybar and/or spring rate and damping.

Oh yeah, on my way back from eastern Oregon charisma decided she didnt want to shift into 4th, so i drove at 60mph for like 80 miles in 3rd lol. Just turned the music up. Its a good thing she likes it rough.

Seems like everything is going wrong all at once. :grrr:

Some of it is my fault some of it is that **** is old and cant hold on any longer.

These struts are straight blown now... I mean pretty much no damping. I lifted the car to take a look and found that what looks like a coating is coming off the strut shaft and fluid is just pissing out of them. Makes me want to rip the whole setup out and just run stock length housings and HDs. Tires are done for as well.

Back