• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Texas240 was 16v but now LM7 5.3L

Yes, it is a nice car... I never said it wasn't, lol.. I just want more info about what happened

Exactly. You are blocking airflow through a lot of the radiator by putting an aluminum plate up against the back of it. Air can't go through an aluminum plate. You obviously haven't experienced a problem from it, but that doesn't mean it is a good idea or optimal or won't be a problem at some point, possibly, in the future. Just pointing out that leaving some space back there that allows the fan to suck from the WHOLE radiator, as well as let airflow through the WHOLE radiator, may be a good idea. ;-)

Blocking airlflow or not but if you look at the 940/960/850 e-fan shroud it blocks air too when trimmed to fit to the 240 radiator. If I notice any cooling issues when it gets warmer I'll make some horizontal cuts on the side of the fan for better airflow, but for now im having little coolant issues. More like none.

Didnt you have to get 2 150 mile tows back home before you made it to bama?

I'll Make the weekend of event for me short and sweet.

Wednesday Oct. 12th :

I was flipping over the timing belt due to it walking on and riding the front edge of the timing gears. Timing belt tensioner middle part broke off, Not sure how this keeps happening since im using little effort to turn it.

Thursday Oct. 13th : I go to pick up the new VW TDI tensioner from Swiftjustice44 and we realized I order the wrong year, should of been the 98 not the 99 version. Apparently there is a slight difference. The 99 one sticks out like 5mm farther forward.

New is ordered and picked up at 12:30pm. I put new tensioner on and put the belts back on and take a shower to leave. 5 minutes from my house I realized I never plugged my MAF in, explains lack of power. I pull over, plug MAF back in then realized after that my idle changes. I pull out my 3mm allen wrench and adjust the TPS and idle pulley stop.

All is well for 120 miles then A oil blows due to rubbing against my exhaust manifold. I thought I addressed this issue before leaving. WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! I call AAA for a tow of free 100 miles. That puts me 20 miles give or take to home. I go get a subway sandwich and realized for 25 cents more I could of gotten a foot long. They saw me coming.

I finally get a tow but its a tow tow truck not a flatbed Like I asked for. W/E, just get me home So I could fix the hose, move oil relocation mount farther away from curbs and tow truck beds.

Off to bed.

Friday Oct. 14th :

Im up around 9am and ready to leave. Car is repacked and everything seems fine. No turbo, might of been the fact that the exhaust manifold start to crack leaking exhaust and now allowing the turbo to spool up. Im okay with this, car seems peppy enough for N/A 16v. Im making great time, the car is running good, im getting 26mpg.

400 miles east of dallas, Cyl. 3 spark plug wire decides its going to separate from the plug. Last time I buy IPD HD sparkplug wires. I pull injector plug and drive on 3 cylinders. Car starts to sound like a tractor or a Subaru. Im babying the car but still passing cars.

John Mc points out the cracks in the runners on the exhaust side, prior to that I didnt have a clue why car was so loud.

Saturday Oct. 15th :

Wake up and we all head to the dyno, drop car off there to let cool down and head to the JY to pull a 960 & 640 TB for the swap for MS. Left my other TPS at home. Exhaust mani is welded to my best, the welder there at the Dyno was having a sticking wire feed issue. Got that done, everything is back on.

MS harness goes in and **** is all wired up to realized I didnt finish my MS board as I thought I did. Car is back on LH2.4 and dropped off at the hotel. ON the way back to the hotel about 3 blocks, the TB falls off due to loose threads in the intake leaving me with one bolt holding it on. Causing an over rev and possibly a bad valve, spring, lazy lifters.

Compression test shows cyl. 1/2/4 are at 180+ 3 is at 90

I will be doing a leak down test sometime tomorrow one the manifolds are off the car.

Sunday Oct. 15th : Throttle body is fixed for the time being and we head off to kennys to MS the car. Car is running on 4 but not using the Cops, I think there is a few things missing from board or a bad 12+ source to them.

Monday Oct. 16th : I leave back for the hotel and 5 minutes out MS go crazy and ****s fuel out the tail pipe. Bad coolant sensor causing crazy enrichment. Back to Stock LH.

267 miles from Dallas, stuck on the side of the highway in Monroe, LA my RSI Getrag Shifter cage shears from the bolts leavign me with a useless gear arrangement.

I get a tow to Marshal, TX 130 miles from where I was stuck. Call my classica car insurance company for another tow to realize they changed their mind that I was only good for only 125 miles on 150. I end up paying $100 bucks out of pocket for 25 miles. Phuckkkkk!!

Sounds like a well sorted car...

"The engine was built a month and done before SE, little things just popped up on the way there. Compared to some people at SE, this was one of best looking/ well built car out there this weekend"

You are so full of yourself it's funny :)

"The engine was built a month and done before SE, little things just popped up on the way there. Compared to some people at SE, this was one of best looking/ well built car out there this weekend"

Compared to Beepee and Hockey we all had our issues

Wait, who were you at SE?

I'm pretty sure if you show up to SE with a perfect running car you're kinda a loser...I know I had my own issues last year.

Mine ran a fricking 16@88, then a 15.5 @88. :cry:

I should have brought the PV this year for the lulz, then the 245 next year after it's sorted properly.

I always tend to think the PV is going to strand me somewhere, but I've taken it on a couple of 4 hour trips to KC, MO for VCOA meets, and it's never skipped a beat.

400 miles east of dallas, Cyl. 3 spark plug wire decides its going to separate from the plug. Last time I buy IPD HD sparkplug wires. I pull injector plug and drive on 3 cylinders. Car starts to sound like a tractor or a Subaru. Im babying the car but still passing cars.

<strong>_snip_</strong>

Compression test shows cyl. 1/2/4 are at 180+ 3 is at 90

2e1x25v.jpg

He's saying you should check for a lead pipe in the observatory, which just happens to be located in #3.

:lol:

Aron, did you disconnect the fuel injector going to #3 when you weren't firing that cylinder or were you washing down the cylinder for a LONG drive with fuel the whole time? What does your oil smell like?

And yes, aftermarket plug wires typically suck. All three kinds I've ever used have sucked(IPD, Magnecore, Aurora - well, the wires were probably fine but the connectors/plug attachments always came off). Bougicord for me!

I'll bring something next year and try to break down. So far, my car has not been cool cause it's too damn reliable at SE.

Plus I deserve to hold up the group.

And yes, aftermarket plug wires typically suck. All three kinds I've ever used have sucked(IPD, Magnecore, Aurora - well, the wires were probably fine but the connectors/plug attachments always came off). Bougicord for me!
+1, the only good wires/connectors I've used.

:lol:

Aron, did you disconnect the fuel injector going to #3 when you weren't firing that cylinder or were you washing down the cylinder for a LONG drive with fuel the whole time? What does your oil smell like?

Describe Long distance? :-P HA!!

There was no fuel in cyl 3 or spark and my oil smells like used oil. Sam gave me of his Bougicord plugs and they snap on so fine

Aron who are you trying to kid with this nonsense?

even though these dude's cars broke, they ran and ran well and did things and the dudes driving them were of great service to us(and I especially, God bless them).

BOOM SON!
One year bump for the mother****ing WIN BITCHES!

So this car got dropped off in front of my house about two weeks ago (today in fact), running poorly on LH, and needing some MS love.

Bunch of bull**** came with it
147600656.jpg

out with the old:
147600657.jpg

still have some tidying to do, and Aron will get to loom wire to his heart's content:
147600658.jpg

had a bit of a pebkac while getting the board prepped for the car, but this is what we're working with now:
147600659.jpg

got the car running, with a few issues along the way, then discovered this the next morning:
147600660.jpg

seems the CAT was self cleaning
147600661.jpg

No big backfires or anything, couple minor pops. it did kick back while dialing in the tdc angle and broke an ear of the starter, that was neat. Cat will be sawzalled off the car and unceremoniously hollowed out to prevent blockage and additional problems during tuning.

anyway, now it runs and idles quite nicely, driving test to commence tonight or tomorrow, depending on how late the late shift runs. (I'm hoping 6 or 7 hours so I can have a short friday). There's a video on facebook, but I can't figure out how to share it cause I don't internets. What is this computer thing?

BOOM SON!
One year bump for the mother****ing WIN BITCHES!

So this car got dropped off in front of my house about two weeks ago (today in fact), running poorly on LH, and needing some MS love.

Bunch of bull**** came with it
147600656.jpg

out with the old:
147600657.jpg

still have some tidying to do, and Aron will get to loom wire to his heart's content:
147600658.jpg

had a bit of a pebkac while getting the board prepped for the car, but this is what we're working with now:
147600659.jpg

got the car running, with a few issues along the way, then discovered this the next morning:
147600660.jpg

seems the CAT was self cleaning
147600661.jpg

No big backfires or anything, couple minor pops. it did kick back while dialing in the tdc angle and broke an ear of the starter, that was neat. Cat will be sawzalled off the car and unceremoniously hollowed out to prevent blockage and additional problems during tuning.

anyway, now it runs and idles quite nicely, driving test to commence tonight or tomorrow, depending on how late the late shift runs. (I'm hoping 6 or 7 hours so I can have a short friday). There's a video on facebook, but I can't figure out how to share it cause I don't internets. What is this computer thing?

Back