• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pig: '79 242 16vT

For sure. Thankfully this engine has only cost me about $2750 top to bottom ($3500 if you count my minor turbo ****-up), and it should make 350 hp. T5 swap was $1500 net...I did some wheeling and dealing to mitigate out of pocket costs as much as possible. At this point an LS2+t56 complete powertrain would have cost me about the same amount of money. Perhaps less if I did an L33 with cam and springs. Reliability aside, dollar for dollar I'll be getting the same return in power for the money.

Or do what I did and bought a van with a 6.0/4l80e for 1500 bucks running and driving yank the engine trans and harness and sell the van for a profit :) lol

Small steps last night. Finished assembling the gas tank and ran the fuel feed hose. Nice Russel -6 braided stuff with stainless fittings that I lifted from ScottyD's failwagon. $$$.

By extension, also traced the wiring and figured out my game plan for the new fuel pump's power wire. I'll be following the stock in-tank routing. Since the ECU and fuel pump share the same fused power wire I will be retaining the stock fuse (#7) but with a 16a metallic fuse.

While I was in there, I took the time to replace the stock firewall heater nipples with an STS SS unit. The old thing was hanging loosely to the firewall, rusty, with a broken gasket. Coated the mounting face with some RTV, connected the hoses, and bolted it on. Much easier without an engine in the way. Looking forward to some reduced road noise now that the two big holes on the firewall are finally sealed.

XKQvIL8h.jpg

Mike K Senior bought a complete GTO wreck for his v90 build. Did so well parting the car out that the ls/t56 were essentially free. GTO parts are rare for those guys who want them.

Still got the independent rear from that car out in the yard actually.

but why are we even talking about it? keep building the 4cyl. Not every car needs a v8. Plus a stock 5.3 with a cam ain't that exciting...

If I hear any more talk of LS swaps I'll drop everything and do a Honda K swap.

jk I don't have that kind of money, but **** up with the ls talk already

Back