• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Buchka 242 Daily Driver

Infinity is a pretty big number. I've seen bigger, but still.
You must have been present when they measured my e-penis. :cool:

I'd say it's somewhere between one brazilian and infinity times better than before. I'm also amazed by how nicely it's turned out, though now all the little flaws stand out that much more which is pretty depressing.
Every car has flaws. Get over it. Show me any car at any build level/cost/quality and I can show you a flaw. Nicer cars have less or smaller flaws.

It's a lot like driving. The fastest is not the person who runs the perfect lap, but the person that makes the least mistakes. ;-)

How does that work on a 240 rack?
Dave B

Like this:

IMG_0191.JPG

Every car has flaws. Get over it. Show me any car at any build level/cost/quality and I can show you a flaw. Nicer cars have less or smaller flaws.

It's a lot like driving. The fastest is not the person who runs the perfect lap, but the person that makes the least mistakes. ;-)

That's true. I wasn't saying I was going to do anything about the flaws, I'll just complain about them :-P

The Megatron JR and bussmann fuse/relay panel are now mounted to a sheet of carbon fiber that will live behind the passenger side kick panel. I was going to make it from aluminum but I had the carbon sheet handy and it was almost the perfect size. Now there's just a massive bundle of wires left to make and the car will be ready to make some noise.

001.jpg

What he said.
Car looks amazing.

Last edited:

Yeah I'll remind you that next time you're giving me a ration of **** ;)

Many hours in the car, Kept tabs on how much you've spent in parts/materials? It is awesome and reflects great fab skills and brainpower

Thanks for the kind words dudes, really means a lot!

Many hours in the car, Kept tabs on how much you've spent in parts/materials? It is awesome and reflects great fab skills and brainpower

I haven't kept track, but apart from the cost of the car I would estimate something like $5k in parts as of how it sits today.

Made some more progress on the car. Karl and I finished the entire exhaust, feels really good to have that checked off the list. The 2" tubes off the exhaust manifolds merge into a 3" system that goes all the way back. 3" high flow metallic catalytic converter, 18" long cherry bomb style resonator, and a huge straight through muffler under the trunk floor. I'm a little concerned that it will be too loud, but we'll see.

001.jpg

001.jpg

Also finished a bunch of fiddly bits under the hood. The fuel system is now 100% complete and ready to be leak tested. I got a smoking deal on a really nice St?ubli AN-4 dry break quick disconnect so I mounted that to the clutch feed hose. I should probably never have to bleed the clutch again with this, regardless of how many times the engine gets removed.

001.jpg

001.jpg

I got a smoking deal on a really nice St?ubli AN-4 dry break quick disconnect so I mounted that to the clutch feed hose. I should probably never have to bleed the clutch again with this, regardless of how many times the engine gets removed.

Now that is luxury!

The car looks great.

The Megatron JR and bussmann fuse/relay panel are now mounted to a sheet of carbon fiber that will live behind the passenger side kick panel. I was going to make it from aluminum but I had the carbon sheet handy and it was almost the perfect size. Now there's just a massive bundle of wires left to make and the car will be ready to make some noise.

001.jpg

I went with a Bussmann 15303-5 (Bus bar on fused side) to power up my ECU and the 15310 for the rest of the accessories. I was really surprised how cheap the bussmann stuff is, and how good of quality.

Let us know how much of the factory glob of wires you are able to reduce. There seems to be an excess of large gauge wire due to the absence of relays..

Are you leaving the chassis harness alone? That was my initial plan but there is some mouse damage. Not sure if I should fix that or just convert to the blade fuse box.

Back