• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Texas240 was 16v but now LM7 5.3L

Texas240

Prius Owner
300+ Club
I never got around to finishing 8v + t thread but I promised myself this time I would take some decent amount of photos of this build. This Isnt going to be the most exciting build thread or anything knew but its worth a try.

Subject: 1993 245 219+ K miles now the second owner of the car after buying it off of ebay from Pittsburgh.

Im going to be doing a complete rebuild from top to bottom. Starting with a 91 N/A engine from switftjustice44 (Jon) in Garland, TX. Engine in quite good shape as all of the bores still having their factory cross hatching and what not besides an engine completely covered in 21 years of oil. The looks of it was a leak in the front mail seal. The head was in good shape but thats going to be turned into a small coffee table.

Now a few pictures:

The car:
42217092.jpg

SE9146.jpg

SE9145.jpg

The Engine before breaking it down:

4c98326a.jpg

e315defc.jpg

I was in the middle of welding some stuff and my wire spool exploded in my welder so I hanged in the garage and calling it "Art"

Engine being broken down:

76502ef5.jpg

c65cf1c0.jpg

185b3c8a.jpg

5277b82a.jpg

2aca9700.jpg

And of course, my jew gold scattered about
4a8c3b55.jpg

8e8e21ac.jpg

99f652e1.jpg

fe9ed83f.jpg

The Stock Internals:

Im not sure if I want to run these pistons from the looks of the fairly heavy scratches on the skirts:

c54aff51.jpg

2465943f.jpg

b55d4511.jpg

45b2df1c.jpg

3a80ba2a.jpg

I will be using all new bearings, rings, and and what nots. Hoping there will be another group buy for H-beam rods from Josh So I could get a little more done before work picks up again for another month.

775f8474.jpg

One of Two heads in the garage, I would have more but a 16v head is like the next one sitting in a garage.

A few other things that will soon to become.

Rear coil overs, Fronts, and RX7 breaks.
5400efb8.jpg

69c88e32.jpg

Stuff from Coleman racing for the fronts
0bd364cb.jpg

and the turbo going on the car one of these centuries
bd0154b1.jpg

Thats it for now. Engine block is going over to Jons Shop to be thrown in the engine washer and to check out the bores for anything unusual.

This is going to be Awsome. I like the Turbo

nothing compared to yours:grrr: At this moment Im in no rush since the 8v+t is holding up just fine in the cooler weather down south but It would be nice to have to engine half way together by ends month.

lol

aaron, grab a powerstroke intercooler or something huge and lets cut it down to 240 action...

Last edited:
What kind of manifolds are you going to use on that thing?

Looks nice.
<---16Vt '93 245 club member since 2009

What kind of manifolds are you going to use on that thing?

Looks nice.
<---16Vt '93 245 club member since 2009

I have an intake mani that looks similar to what josh is making. I cant remember who I bought it from but ive had for a year now. I'll get a pic of it today. For exhaust I'll be using the 90+ unless the turbo is to big to fit then i'll make a custom one.

It will be a pleasure to be your 16vt imbedded step brother from another mother

lol

aaron, grab a powerstroke intercooler or something huge and lets cut it down to 240 action...

im going to be using an ebay cooler up under/ behind the bumper ish... trying something new.

I'd put new pistons in...

I wonder what kenny has to say about this??

You have a decent sized garage and you didn't tell me?!

of course not... thats how we jews role.. Holding out to the last minute and doesnt help that my dad wants to stick this in it for the winter.

472b.jpg

Lookin good! I didn't know you were putting that snail on a 16 valve... Clearance was fine on a 90+ with the 8 valve head, but adding the width of the 16v, along with the adapter, might be kinda tight.

Back