• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Big turbo for 8v

Master D

Hi everyone, I have the choice between a Holset H1C single scroll t3 Bullseye .70 A/R (external wg) or a Holset WH1C twin scroll (internal wg) with a 12cm exhaust housing..(I can change the housing for a external wg setup).. 2 turbos at the same price... So, I have a b230 8v running 6800rpm .. and my engine is ready for 25psi+ on methanol. I hesitate between these turbos..:grrr:

I would like to have your opinion! :-D

Last edited:
Twinscroll cause it's cooler and more advancing?

If he is actually going to use a twinscroll manifold it will help with both transient response and spool time(300-400rpm) If he isn't using a twinscroll manifold then its for nothing.

Edit: Looking at his Avatar I'm going to guess that he isn't using a true twinscroll manifold.

If he is actually going to use a twinscroll manifold it will help with both transient response and spool time(300-400rpm) If he isn't using a twinscroll manifold then its for nothing.

Edit: Looking at his Avatar I'm going to guess that he isn't using a true twinscroll manifold.

Actually, I have a single scroll manifold and Garrett with Cosworth .48hot/.60cold at 20-22psi. But I want a bigger turbo.. and I have a deals on these turbos.

Actually, I have a single scroll manifold and Garrett with Cosworth .48hot/.60cold at 20-22psi. But I want a bigger turbo.. and I have a deals on these turbos.

I want that t3/t4 back! Best turbo I've ever had on my car for a DD duty.

What happened to the he351 you were offered? Personally I would go external gate, none of these turbo will have a wastegate can close to what you would want for a base boost.

I want that t3/t4 back! Best turbo I've ever had on my car for a DD duty.

What happened to the he351 you were offered? Personally I would go external gate, none of these turbo will have a wastegate can close to what you would want for a base boost.

My he351 is sold :grrr: , yeah my t3/t4 is amazing, but if that turbo support 25+psi on Meth and make good HP, I make a rebuilt & reinstall it! ... With external wg !

Too bad the he351 is sold. Highest psi run at the drag strip was a steady 28psi on the internal gate. Any more and one of my hodge-podge charge hoses would blow off.

That's the H1c with Bulleyes housing for 325bucks. (company price is $300 bucks for this aftermarket housing)

t3-2.jpg

t3-1.jpg

3''vband
t3-3.jpg

$_20.JPG

I read on cummins and Dsm forum ..and this Bulleyes T3 single scroll .70ar housing is a must have for the HX35. Increase spool up by 300-400 rpm compared to the OEM housing and still be able to flow over 50lb/min.

Last edited:
Back