• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

max speed of you volvo

Does track mean I-5 at 1 in the morning?
I got my 91 740 naturally aspirated to about 115.
the stripped out with one seat gt cis turbo to about 130 with down hill assist. couldnt really tell, speedo ends at 120.
two weeks ago I got to drive my moms boy friends cls63 amg I got it up to about 150 before I even realized I was there. wheee doggie!:twisted: :rofl: :cool: :-P :badboy: :omg:

Does track mean I-5 at 1 in the morning?
I got my 91 740 naturally aspirated to about 115.
the stripped out with one seat gt cis turbo to about 130 with down hill assist. couldnt really tell, speedo ends at 120.
two weeks ago I got to drive my moms boy friends cls63 amg I got it up to about 150 before I even realized I was there. wheee doggie!:twisted: :rofl: :cool: :-P :badboy: :omg:

I-5? hell no, that is state cop territory.

more like abandoned country road at 10pm

took the 740il to 135+ on the same road. solid as a rock

In theory, my 240 would max-out at around 473 mph.

This is assuming a downhill "slope" of 90 degrees, and about 6 miles (~30,000ft) worth of acceleration (making certain simplifications for drag-coeff, etc...)

Anyone know the specific drag co-efficient of a 245??

drag co-efficient ... more like co-inefficient... I think it had to be measured on a graphing calculator to get enough decimal places....

:)

Old 75 245.. B20, M40 250K stock, except electric fan:
~120mph... steady increase in speed to about 115 then VERY slow/unpredictable (wind)
61 p1800, Build b20, M41, etc etc etc:
~130-140 (according to tachometer, rear ratio, tire size calc; as the speedo runs out VERY quickly to 120)
68 122, B20, M40, Wagon:
~90-100 is as fast as I have gone, it used to just barely do 85-90 before I dropped the new B20 in it, now it's got a lot more getup and GO, but I am not trusting the suspension for faster.
-Others untested..
Sean

Oh yeah try I5 at about 11pm at about 155 playing with the boost controller on 17psi MR2 Turbo, that's crazy passing people going 65 and it feels like they are going the other direction.. Kinda scary, don't try at home only on I5

well, i didnt see him till i slowed down to get off the highway, didnt put on his lights till he swerved infront of me. never quite made it to my exit...

Back