• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Huge Volvo Graveyard in Sheep Mtn, Alaska!!

brendon_ak

My local Volvo nut and mechanic, John, has a huge lot up in Sheep Mtn, Alaska. He's got probably north of 300 Volvo's up there, 140's, 540's, 240's, P1800's, you name and he's got it!

Here are some pictures for you guys, I'm going to try and get up there again to grab some 740T stuff for a +t. If anyone wants specific pictures just ask, I'll do my best to accommodate.

its a shame all these cars are going to waste.... :-/

no one will pay to ship them down to civilization, and they're doomed to rust away up there. bummer.

grab all the goodies before the cars are swallowed

The ground is eating them all:( This is seriously badass though! It's a shame nonetheless, this kind of place would be awesome to visit!

Puts new meaning to "driven into the ground",haha..

All jokes aside,look like good cars...those p1800's though :omg:

Wow... What a shame. I get a little sad when I see something like this, or even a car that is sitting in someone's driveway rotting away. :-(

Some of those cars, the one's not covered in dirt could be worth having shipped somewhere... Maybe not so much financially, but having the ability to say you saved it from it's grave would be pretty awesome. Especially if you took photos along the way and showed someone where it came from and what it looked like from the start.

None-the-less, it's a pretty cool spectacle. :omg:

Omg, speechless. So much stuff still worth saving even on those submerged ones. Too bad he had too many to be able to dig them out when that crap happened.

Omg 75-79 mirrors, a 78-79 grille and belt line trim for a 242 would be amazing. ANDY, GO GRAB IT!

If you guy seriously want stuff make some lists. I can see what I can do next trip up.

Keep in mind most of these things have been subject to Alaska winters with no protection for several years.

That said there are plenty of decent parts.

If the big interest is in the 242's I'll try and document the ones up there.

There's still some time left before the snow comes.

Dafuq ? What's his idea ... give them back to nature?

Haha!^

I am curious about where they all came from too, is he within 100 miles of a Volvo dealership or something, or within 100 miles of where one used to exist? As I cannot imagine them being a common vehicle in that part off the world. Although the weather and terrain are very similar to what they had been originally designed for in Swedish. Haha

Back