• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Threads getting out of hand with racial and other unnecary comments

If the Mods would actually BAN the TROLLS there would go a lot of ish out the door. I had a troll ADMITTING he was trolling me, and I see no ban.

I've seen trolls post 1-100 posts doing nothing but being a 110% troll, & they're still here trolling. And we all know who they are..........

so I really don't see much point in bitching about it anymore, if nothing's gonna be done to them. I guess we'll just live with the same ol' trolls.

IMO MOds should make a member that posts the thread , capable of deleting offensive,uncalled for posts & troll posts out of one's OWN thread. Let us police ourselves to some degree.

What If we think you're a troll?

If the Mods would actually BAN the TROLLS there would go a lot of ish out the door. I had a troll ADMITTING he was trolling me, and I see no ban.

I've seen trolls post 1-100 posts doing nothing but being a 110% troll, & they're still here trolling. And we all know who they are..........

so I really don't see much point in bitching about it anymore, if nothing's gonna be done to them. I guess we'll just live with the same ol' trolls.

IMO MOds should make a member that posts the thread , capable of deleting offensive,uncalled for posts & troll posts out of one's OWN thread. Let us police ourselves to some degree.

What If we think you're a troll?

This.

Though I agree with Smokey's statement "

However we'd wind up with a series of posts that are full of ZERO opinions that are not shared by the OP.

Just because you don't like what people say about YOUR project car, doesn't give you license to accuse them of trolling.

Last edited:
Self banning myself from OT by pm'ing a mod was an excellent move. I still suggest that you all do the same and post more in the on topic AUTOMOTIVE subforums.

The people that constantly pop up where I post with negative comments go on the ignore list. Just go to your control panel and put in the screen name.

That is about all you can do if you aren't a mod.

Oh, and trying to spend less than 1hr a day on the internet has been a great idea too. :nod:

However we'd wind up with a series of posts that are full of that have ZERO opinions that are not shared by the OP.

Just because you don't like what people say about YOUR project car, doesn't give you license to accuse them of trolling

It's not what negative comments people have to say about the OP's car. It's the BS/troll posts that are posted just to change the topic & totally disrupt the thread. In a build thread the topic is the build. Not what some body else decides he wants to post about.

If it isn't a suggestion, whether strong or weak, or complimenting one's work, or suggesting a better way to do something, or a question pertaining to the build or a subject thereof, it has no place in a build thread.

Example. In a 240 build thread, why would the OP care to discuss the stock market, what TV show is their favorite, etc. Those have not a thing to do with building the car.........

That is what I am referring to/ talking about.

Example. In a 240 build thread, why would the OP care to discuss the stock market, what TV show is their favorite, etc. Those have not a thing to do with building the car.........

That is what I am referring to/ talking about.

And yet you had dozens of messages about your project deleted. I know for a fact that at least some of the messages deleted were discussing what you did (some favorable, other not so) to your car. Which I think was very clever, if something of a waste of time.

If we did things here as you suggest, most of the content would be deleted.

I'm not talking about dissenting opinion, here. I can see actual trolling (not your version of the definition) being deleted. Like someone coming in to give you a hard time simply for the sake of giving you (anyone) a hard time.

Sometimes weather you like a post or not, it is someones opinion and it's just as relevant as yours

BTW, when I say "you" or "your" I don't mean you specifically Smokey, I mean anyone.

And yet you had dozens of messages about your project deleted. I know
I asked for JP's BS to be deleted. Not sure why the others were.

And what I deem suitable for my build thread is my choice as I see it. But staying on the topic in a build thread is a requirement in mine. Other non pertaining BS will be reported. Because next thing ya know everyone else is discussing topics that have absolutely nothing to do with my build. If that is what a poster wishes to do there is Off Topic for just that.

you come off sounding nazi-ish. if topic is getting away from the topic of the thread... say so and redirect it. lead by example! ive seen it happen... AND IVE SEEN IT WORK. ive never seen it not work when the op asks to get back on topic NICELY.
im guessing by the manner which you dealt with kildea that you have a hard time asking nicely. and you probably like looking at the negative possibilities before the positive. its all about diffusing the problem... not about throwing gasoline on the fire to put it out. ask yourself "is my retaliatory/reaction on a positive spiral or a negative spiral". if you cant figure it out... ask yourself how you would respond if some one else said the same stuff to you. (ps- im sure you cringed a bit about the nazi comment... it could be considered a negative spiral element/factor... i'll leave it there as an example.)

ps- i realize theres a percentage of people that are proactive antagonists.... nothing better to do than type swear words (in unique ways) on your threads.
learn to ignore them and they will get bored.
honestly... i thought everyone shouldve figured out this stuff in elementary school.
what did you do when classmates made fun of you? did you fight on the school yard? i learned to devalue those opinions... to the point of not acknowledging their existence... it works 99% of the time (as i said, theres a percentage of people that are just born to antagonize... thats the 1%).

what did you do when classmates made fun of you? did you fight on the school yard?

Yep. I found that bustin' their nose worked a helluva lot better and worked much faster, than "ignoring them". With some people, it's the only way they learn.:e-shrug:

Much the same way trolls only learn when banned. And my point is, the few that continue to do nothing but purposely disrupt a thread, or purposely try to change the thread's subject, in a negtive,argumentative, 'trolling" way, just for the sake of trying to do so, should be warned by the mods, then banned for a few days.

Last edited:
Much the same way trolls only learn when banned. And my point is, the few that continue to do nothing but purposely disrupt a thread, or purposely try to change the thread's subject, in a negtive,argumentative, 'trolling" way, just for the sake of trying to do so, should be warned by the mods, then banned for a few days.

the problem is you seem to fail at knowing the distinction between someone trolling for the sake of trolling and someone with an opinion other than your own.

Go hang out on Yahoo Chat or Facebook if you want to chat about Bull****. This is a car forum. The viewcounts in the Maintenance, Performance, and Wanted subforums are pathetic compared to the hits on some stupid OT thread. Bring back the old TB where this was a CAR FORUM and NOT A SOCIAL SITE for chatting with dudes.

Yeah, it's not like the thread count and view count in OT as a forum ****ing pale compared to both performance and maintenance or anything. :roll:

You banned yourself from OT, shouldn't that be enough? Stop squawkin' already. Your view is in the extreme minority, not only here but on almost every other forum on the internet.

DealWithItYoshi.gif

When my Brother passed away last friday guess who showed up to help me clean out his place? 2 OT friends from this site. I am sorry some of you are not able to accept that not all of us need Maintenance help or that we all don't want to mod the volvos till they explode. But I for one thank this site for at least 3 people that have come into my life and appreciate many more....all from OT

Seriously, this.

Also I would have like an additional 20 maintenance threads (per day?) if not for the PNW chat thread :rofl:

the problem is you seem to fail at knowing the distinction between someone trolling for the sake of trolling and someone with an opinion other than your own.
I don't care if people have their own opinions. naturally they will.

But if the opinion has absolutely nothing to the topic the thread is based on, then it shouldn't be posted in that particular thread.

Also, some people post BS opinions just to disrupt a build thread. In my way of thinking, a build thread is just that. A build thread. if oe wants to post their opinion o other subjects other than the build, there is Off Topic for that.

Plus mechanically uneducated/skill people have no experience as to what does or doesn't work. And that person was there only to cause problems.That is why one particular member's threads were deleted.

And also, opinons are just that, opinions. Opinions do not always ,a correct statement make. For example.. if one has not modified thier intake piping, the fact that they have not TRIED a mod to it, then makes their OPINION, that it is useless to do ,is unfounded. Therefore their opinion really has no bearing on the modification in the build thread being discussed.

It's just their opinion. I have opinions too, but I don't post them up in other's build threads claiming them as facts, if I know I have no basis/experience,first hand knowledge about the particular mod. At least I try hard to do this.

Last edited:
If it wasn't for OT I wouldn't know anyone from this forum in person. I guess I am just plain tired of trying to help people fix their broken stuff in maintenance, they never listen to the basics and wind up just shotgunning parts at it and complaining. Performance has become a waste too, so few doing anything unique or different and those who think they know everything run the new ideas out of this forum. The heavy-handed and extremely biased moderation there is not so good either. For Sale has it's merit but it should be more strictly moderated and should have a higher standard for FS items. I have given my input in the past a few times and as always it seems to fall on deaf ears. Events is still good but showroom is starting to make me fall asleep when I go in there. Been there, done that. Yep, it's a 240, yep, seen those wheels, yep, you spray painted it. OT at least has some conversation and information, and it's a good way to kill time when I am not working and can't do something more entertaining.

Take away OT and I will just move on to another forum's OT. If I don't spend the time in OT here will I spend as much time in other areas? Probably not. As much time participating in real world events? Probably not.

If it wasn't for OT I wouldn't know anyone from this forum in person. I guess I am just plain tired of trying to help people fix their broken stuff in maintenance, they never listen to the basics and wind up just shotgunning parts at it and complaining. Performance has become a waste too, so few doing anything unique or different and those who think they know everything run the new ideas out of this forum. The heavy-handed and extremely biased moderation there is not so good either. For Sale has it's merit but it should be more strictly moderated and should have a higher standard for FS items. I have given my input in the past a few times and as always it seems to fall on deaf ears. Events is still good but showroom is starting to make me fall asleep when I go in there. Been there, done that. Yep, it's a 240, yep, seen those wheels, yep, you spray painted it. OT at least has some conversation and information, and it's a good way to kill time when I am not working and can't do something more entertaining.

Take away OT and I will just move on to another forum's OT. If I don't spend the time in OT here will I spend as much time in other areas? Probably not. As much time participating in real world events? Probably not.

Yep. I found that bustin' their nose worked a helluva lot better and worked much faster, than "ignoring them". With some people, it's the only way they learn.:e-shrug:
this is whats wrong with america... we all want the faster way... and we throw a tantrum if we dont get it. and i doubt those people really learned anything deeper than the fact that you have anger management problems.... just like my dad beating me didnt teach me to stop stealing/lying as an adolescent.

i totally agree with this. let the mods handle it (thank you, mods). dont waste time talking bulsh!te back to trolls... it just continues the negative spiral... ya know, the one where you want to go to the other person's house and punch them like you did to the "trolls" of your childhood. understand that 90% of trolls fuel-up off of YOUR "i'll punch you" mentality.
negativity just breeds more negativity. try to recognize that.... just try... for me.... (lol)

The knowledge you don't have is what ws happening back when I was attending Jr & High School.
Back then we were forced to attend all black schools(probably before your time) . The people caught up in this "busing" were forced to attend where they were not wanted, and were actually often attacked by 3-6 guys at once. It didn't take long for one to realize one had to defend himself and do it well.

We preferred to attend the schools we were previously attending. but the gov. forced this "busing", so we had no choice.
I imagine that this was most likely a far cry from the experiences you had in Jr Hi & High School .

So before you pass judgement, at least get ALL the FACTS.

And another thing... I'm just not one to put up with , in a face to face situation, someone elses "bad attitude/bad social skills" towards myself (or others), nor their smart ass mouth.

Just because I'll stand up for myself, doesn't mean I have an anger management issue. It just means I won't put up with people who try to walk on me. So please rethink your general & incorrect assumptions.

And remember, you've never met me, so go easy on the "judging" . I'm actaully a pretty nice guy...until someone acts like a total arsehole towards me.

Too bad your Dad's methods didn't help you from being a thief. I never liked thieves either.

Last edited:
Back