• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

friends 99 v70 wont crank/start

lane stradler

have a friend with a 99 v70 (automatic tranny). she says all her electrical stuff (radio/lights) works... but she doesnt even hear a click when she goes to start it.
i told her the usual suspects included these:
bad starter, unlikely.
bad starter solenoid, slightly likely.
bad wiring to starter, highly likely.
bad fuse, highly likely.
bad starter relay, likely.
bad PNP/neutral safety switch, slightly likely.
bad ignition switch, unlikely.
immobilizer/antenna ring antitheft thingy, highly likely.

am i missing anything (i only know 240's)???

i recommended she check the fuse and try shifting the gear selector to neutral, attempt starting, then back to park and re-try.... figuring these are the 2 easiest things to check/try.
does anyone know what fuse the starter is on and where the starter relay might be found?
or any other suggestions???
only other thing that comes to mind is trying a different key... with the assumption that the antitheft thingy in the key might be kaputz.

There is a bundle of wires going from the positive battery post to the triangular fuse box at the top right hand corner of the engine bay (as you're standing at the front of the car). Remove the cover for the fuse box and check the bundle of wires where they go into an eyelet for corrosion. They are common to corrode apart and give you a no start or other problems.

thanks!
I heard rumors there was a tsb about the "b+" wire off the battery to the fuse box... something about corrosion.

Back