• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

P2 The Return : Sharpel's '01 T5a DD

Sharpel764ti

Well long story short my last DD, a '99 Town Car Signature Touring Sedan (the best non-Maurader factory panther in my opinion) decided to throw a rod (clearly elderly owned and then sat, faded clear, mint interior, original trans fluid, starter, and alternator, suspension, etc) and while I enjoyed the ride (P71 coils in back and KYB's all around) and the deep trunk, I really missed having a Turbo Wagon and seats with support.

IMG-1166.jpg

So onto CL I went, sadly even though prices are better then ever, a V70R was not in the budget atm. So thus I went looking for my preferred 2nd a T5M. As I live in Ohio this would be a hard task, and as many know V70 T5Ms are harder to find then clean unmolested R's.

Thus I was left with T5a's a few 04+ XC70's, along with my other chosen options 06+ 9-3 and 04+ 9-5 Aero's, B6 A4 1.8T M Avants, B5.5 1.8T M Passats, maybe even a VR6 MK4 Jetta Wagon or 2D GTI, and the only real contender in my heart an E39 Touring in decent shape, I would take any engine or trans combo cause LS at some point.....

Biggest requirement was a black interior, and amazingly up popped the cleanest 01 V70 T5a, I have seen in a while, and especially at the mileage listed.

IMG-1226.jpg

Intrestingly, a slick top, no spoiler, sun roof, leather, cold weather package, premium audio.

I was also pleasently suprised when a 18-20 year old walked out, and then rattled off all the recent service done himself.

IMG-1225.jpg

However it was sporting no power steering, an abs light, in-op passenger door electrics, and though much front suspension work, more still to come.

IMG-1227.jpg

Also, my first non stage 0 mod was already done, and my main reason for going with a P2 V70 souded pretty great, even with the manifold leak.

So here we go...

1. Rebuild or Replace Rack / SRS issues
2. Finish Suspension Rebuild
3. Winter Tyres for the Meteors?
4. LED every bulb
5. Keep Speakers add Pioneer DD Touch, also replace Speakers
6. Wag Wing / XC Grille
7. Summer Wheels
8. ECU Tune
9. Wrap or Paint
10.?
11.???