• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Penta and my Volvo 3SEXTY

aussyvolvo

Will stalk for money
So I thought it'd be time to start a thread on how I'm going with my newest project. I swear to god that I will finish this one, this time :-P

Back in Ye olden days, I shifted from Volvo to a Nissan Sil80 for a track drift car (because so many of my irl friends convinced me that was the way to go)
sil80.jpg

but I didn't have the passion for it. So I had it on the track 3 times, and then sold it. Then life got in the way, and I went to uni, I studied filmmaking, and bought 2 360GLT cars for a film that I was going to make. But funding was an issue, so they stayed in my shed, with this AQ171c that I'd sunk thousands of dollars into, they were just sitting there.

So when I'm not working, I use my expensive cameras, to film me working on my cheap cars :p
So far I've cut the front of the car to get the engine out, because I can't easily drop it, like it's meant to be done. I'll make something to make it permanently detachable later. The engine came out, and has been donating parts to 3SEXTY like the alt, and engine mounts. And here's a shiny new paint job on the Penta if you don't feel like watching my awkward videos.
vlcsnap754.jpg

There's a few recorded live streams, but we won't bother with that here.

video 1

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/prTy1JTuddA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

video 2 (so far)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/z6brnwQDFkE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'll probably make at least 1 per week, maybe more if time, and weather permits.

Last edited:
Dqof1kLVsAAReQV.jpg

I previously put square tooth pulleys on the engine to put it together. The crank pulley was cracked, and the cam/aux pulleys were like this. Now that I have adjustable pulleys coming, and access to a better crank pulley, it's time to polish one of these up.

All whilst my 3D printer is going off in the background.

Dqof1kNU8AAjkSK.jpg

Damn. How many hours of printing is that gonna be?

You can probably lower your infill a bit, to reduce the amount of material and and speed up the print a bit.

I found it warps a bit too much if I reduce it. It is also going to be sanded a lot, probably through the top layers, in intricate areas, so they'd need something for their chosen filler to sit on.

oh yeah, I'm estimating it'll be about 25 days (taking into consideration that I won't be there to switch to the next print the moment it ends)

Back