• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What Dodge is the 4Bar FPR from?

Have a wideband already, see 16v turbo project details in my sig.

Future mods must support more for more! 42lb delphis with a 4bar regulator should comfortably get me enough fuel for 300+ hp.

42lbs injectors are tiny and wouldn't give you any head room.

I thought I had enough fuel with 75lbs injectors, only to find out I was running out of duty cycle using E54 and 25psi, then I had to buy bigger 96lbs injectors. Well, guess what, my 96lbs injectors will be at their limits using E82 and 29psi.

Sell those 42 lbs and get some big injectors instead of spending money on a fuel regulator.

Having played with the 4-bar reg myself, on my #65's, it does help. I also ran into hard starting issues with it, that were resolved with a 3-bar. The 4-bar also puts a good bit more load on the lines and pump, especially when you start running higher boost. For example, the 4-bar at 0psi is running the same pressure as a stock one at 15psi of boost. When you throw the same boost at a 4-bar, that puts the pressure up to around 75psi. In my case I'm running around 19-20psi, so that would have my fuel pressure right around 80psi. Stock pumps may not be real happy with that, especially on stock wiring.

My 65's were running around 75% DC at 18psi on pump gas, so I'm sure they are close to maxed on E85, with a solid tune.

Ok... Perhaps I should clear things up a little.

I had done a bit of research a while ago. Long ago enough that I couldn't remember exactly where I saw the recommendation to use the 4 bar FPR.

In this case, my FPR went bad and started leaking fuel into the engine (the diaphragm had failed and the vacuum hose just sucked the fuel, which is already under pressure, into the manifold). So, in a quick fix I just grabbed a used one off of another engine I had around. Now that I had some time, I wanted to install a new FPR and figured that since I plan on adding a manual boost controller, wideband O2 sensor and gauge, bigger injectors, bigger intercooler, bigger turbo, etc... later on in the game, I'd get a higher rated FPR now since I was replacing it anyway. I know that it wouldn't give more power now with no other mods done, I just wanted to get the suggested part, since I needed to change it anyway.

I do not recall reading such strong opinions against such a mod in the original article. As it ends up, I just got a regular 3 bar FPR and haven't even installed it yet. I'll likely get to it once the weather gets warmer and I take the time to spend some time working on the car.

Thanks for some of the suggestions, opinions, and information. I appreciate those that took the time to help with my quest for information and I like some healthy 2-way discussion especially with those who have knowledge and experience. I said 'some of the suggestions' because I believe the thread got a bit off topic with some of the posts, but I don't have a problem with that.

-Ken

BTW: Sorry for the late reply. As I said, I swapped in a used FPR and didn't end up getting the 4bar after all. I just didn't have the time to chime in earlier.

Thanks for the informative thread! I may get one of these 3.8bar FPRs to help up the flow rate of the 0 280 156 844 EV6 injectors IPD sells that have the proper spray pattern for our 8V engines. They’re only stock NA injector flow rate, which is tiny and can only support around 130hp at 80% duty cycle and 164hp at 100%. Upping the pressure to 55psi permits another 20hp or so!

Being non turbo, this isn’t stressing the fuel system at all as it’s near stock boosted car pressures.

What part number have the proper spray pattern? I haven’t found any that are drop in that work with single ports after going through the whole Bosch Injector Data work sheet that are actually readily available.

What part number have the proper spray pattern? I haven’t found any that are drop in that work with single ports after going through the whole Bosch Injector Data work sheet that are actually readily available.

I'm running Bosch 0 280 155 811 white composite body injectors from Supercharged Buick 3800 V6. These are 4-hole type, work fine in your single intake port, have better atomization than Bosch Gen I injectors. One note these injector were also used in LS 3 engines at higher psi. I've found these to work best on my 88 765 Turbo using an engine coolant temp sensor from a BMW, Bosch 0 280 130 023, this sensor has a white insulator.

I'm running Bosch 0 280 155 811 white composite body injectors from Supercharged Buick 3800 V6. These are 4-hole type, work fine in your single intake port, have better atomization than Bosch Gen I injectors. One note these injector were also used in LS 3 engines at higher psi. I've found these to work best on my 88 765 Turbo using an engine coolant temp sensor from a BMW, Bosch 0 280 130 023, this sensor has a white insulator.

Indeed they are! Another part number for them that I just came across and came on to post about is 0 280 155 868 and 62203. 12ohm resistance, 15? cone spray pattern and the proper size and it looks to be the proper connector as well(did you have any issues with the original harness?). 34-35lb/hr and 353-373cc/min depending on where you look, it seems. They should support another 25-30hp over the stock injectors according to HP calculators so something good and high impedance for people + Ting their cars and going with more power than stock but not too much.

Back